Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Bedlum in Pictou!

"Three"-The Admiral when asked on a scale of 1-10 how excited he was to race.

We had no reason to think that this triathlon would be any different than the others. Wow! we're we ever wrong. Today's blog counts down the Top 5 moments of last weekend's Pictou County Triathlon.

5. Race to the boat- When the triathlon was over we didn't have much time before leaving for the boat. Due to a couple of circumstances that you will hear about later, it quickly became an every man for himself race to the boat. Kris and I(in my car) led for most with anne(driving her car with the admiral, trace, and cole) right on our heals. With 2k to go a van full of kids came up the outside at about 150km/h to finish just in front. As we got ushered onto the boat Kris looked back to see the pylon going in front of anne. "oh frig..the admiral isn't getting on." After a few moments the admiral was ushered onto the boat and the door went up. Sucks to have to play the Tdisc card but you do what you have to do.

4.Pat's Crash-Fellow Triathlete Pat Ellis went down going into corner 1 on the bike. We're not exactly sure on the details of the accident but we do know she was left with a broken nose and broken hand. It's a bad feeling when the ambulance goes flying by. We wish Pat a speedy recovery!

3.Admirals lost wallet-The main reason for the dash to the boat. Just as we were about to leave, a worn out admiral announced that his wallet was missing. Not sure where it was Trace got on the phone to the hotel. The search was now on at the Comfort inn. Looking for numbers to the hotel we decided to bring in Wayne from Emyvale. He was now calling back with numbers that we already had found. 10 minutes later the admiral reached into the back seat and pulled out is wallet.

2.TDP's Crash-I came out of the water with an ok swim. I knew I was middle of the pack which I expected. Knowing my bike is my strong point I came out of the transition really looking to make up some time. So as I climbed the first hill I decided to wait and take in some water on the way down the hill. I became a little too complacent and lost control at about 35km/h. I was sent tumbling across the shoulder and onto the side of the road. Covered in dirt and road rash I got up and looked over my bike. There were a few minor twists that I got straightened out then it was decision time. I remember one rider clearly telling me..."it's not far to go back." I had 2 choices...quit...or finish my 4th triathlon. I finished in 2h40m.

1. Admirals Dump- It's well known around Tdisc that the admiral never uses the bathroom. He just doesn't! When tdisckree sat into stall 1 and the admiral pulled into stall 2....he knew something wasn't right. "Is that you admiral?" TDK asked. "Yep...I'm not feeling good." The admiral replied. When TDK came out he wasn't long getting over to me...."holy frig...the admiral is in taking a dump. He must be some fricken sick!"


Tdk- 9th 2:26:42
Admiral 10th 2:28:44
TDP- 16th 2:39:43
Trace-17th 1:22:55

"What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger."

1 comment:

  1. This post made my day. Especially #1. Sounds like a crazy race. Glad you are back:)

    ReplyDelete