Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Tdisc Changes Lives!!

(We're standing on the beach. In a pair a pair of tri shorts. That's it! The call has gone out...1 minute till the horn.)

Admiral: "did u ever think we'd see this day?" (looking down at his half see through tri shorts)
TDP: "Nope! Tdisc changes lives." (looking down at my skin tight spandex)

It's good to be back in the presence of Tdisc Nation! I want to thank all the fans for patiently sticking with me and my team throughout the break from the blog. I regret to inform you that Byron has stepped out of the way and has let bryan in. Following a major meltdown on the weekend, I decided to re-evaluate my life and the direction i've been going. My food addiction reached an alltime and my texting addiction led to sore thumbs. Following a run that felt like someone put ex lax in my coffee, I decided it was time to get back to my beloved Tdisc and our Fans.

Duncan Hadley Triathlon

Sratches: Tdiscgreggy "C" (Building a new house)
Coach TDK (Stag party)
Bull (Gone Home)

I sent a text to the admiral a week prior to the triathlon. "If you pull out then I will too." I got a quick and stern reply...."no...we're doing it!" That's why he's our big gun!
This time around we were much more relaxed. There were very little nerves from both of us leading up to the race. knowing that the admiral has us on a tight budget I was very skeptical about the idea of him booking the hotel. "The Prospect inn"...I need to say No more! The admiral who was disgusted by the dirty windows went straight to bed following our pregame meal at east sides. Myself....I decided to facebook and text. I was quite active on both which facinated the admiral. In a phone call to the coach, the admiral was quoted as saying "it's unbelievable...you really need to see him in action." Later that evening I recieved an email from the captain. "I just wanted to let you know that tdisc is very proud of you and the admiral to step up and enter in this tri without the whole team. You guys trained hard and your both very ready. Just relax and enjoy the race.
Good luck boys kick some friggen ass!"

We woke up bright and early in preparation for the tri. We went through the usual setup of our transition area. Things were pretty hectic and rumours were beginning to swirl about it being a no wetsuit race. As I walked by the registration lodge I read it for myself..."No Wetsuits." I just kept walking right on by to the bathroom...it had sped up the process of getting rid of my chicken parm.
When I got back to the transition area the admiral had already gotten the word. "what are we going to wear?" I asked. "We can't wear shirts." replied the admiral. I thought to myself awww jeez...I can't go down there just in my spandex. Sure enough the next thing I knew we were standing on the beach with nothing on but goggles and spandex. Frig sakes!

My strategy again this year was to get out right in the middle of the washing machine. since i'm not a straight swimmer it is best for me to get in the middle so if I go left or right I run into someone. Sure enough that's what happened...I swear two people tried to catapult off me around the first buoy. I felt like I was swimming well but you still have no idea where you are at when in the water. As I came out of the water I gave a quick yank on the tights to leave a little to the fans imagination. I looked at my watch and saw that I was 34min in the water. I was really disappointed but I knew that it's a long race so I needed to get over it quickly. My first loop on the bike wasn't great but I gradually found a groove. I knew I was making great time and way ahead of last years time. I finished the bike in 1h13m. For those who have never ran off the bike....it feels like your legs are a hundred pounds and you have no stride! I battled through run for the first 2 loops before I really found a grove and cruised the final 2 loops. I finished in 2h40m. The admiral who had a great race finished in 2h35m. The mental games that occur throughout the race is unbelievable. Your legs want to shut down and you just have to find a way to keep going. As much as I didn't want to do the race i'm glad that I did it. It's an extremely tough race and the feeling of accomplishment afterwards is awesome!


I was quite low all day yesterday and knew that I had to change something. I went to bed early in preparation of a tdisc morning run. With the admiral at home visiting the family the workouts tend to get canceled in the mornings. 6:00am I recieved a text from the coach..."canceled?" I layed in bed for a few minutes and then replied "nope!"
We went for a good long run which consisted of a route down around the waterfront. We wanted to check out the regis and kelly situation. It was great to see so many people out and about bright and early. It's been awhile since I recieved the runners high. As I was driving home I could feel that my morale had changed. I felt like I was on top of the world again. It's really hard to believe but Tdisc really does change lives. It was then that I decided to blog again. This blog was meant to encourage and that what i'm going to continue to do with it. My personal life has become quite busy but i've decided to blog on a weekly basis. Not sure on the exact days but I will blog at least once a week.

Tonight I was back at edfit! Feeling great I decided to bike in and then bike home. For those of you that have not tried outdoor edfit then I really encourage you to try it. It's a circuit workout!

A few housekeeping duties to take care of. Rumours are beginning to swirl that bull is officially done with Tdisc. We are working on getting confirmation from the bull himself. Also, all of us at Tdisc and bloggingwithtdisc.blogspot.com would like to wish Happy Birthday to blog follower Karine! Tdisc thanks you for your valued support!

Alright, I'm off to bed! Back in the pool in the morning.

TDP

“The only real failure in life is the failure to try.”

2 comments:

  1. Sick post :P .. Thankx for the B-Day Wish

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go boys - there are a bunch of swimming at Rustico and we run a little 5k afterwards - you guys want to join in? Wednesday nights at 6:30 - also think a group is going this Sunday at 3:00. You boys rock! Keep up the great work. Pop me an email if you want to be on our swim/run email list. Jamie jwhynacht@sportpei.pe.ca

    ReplyDelete