Monday, May 17, 2010

Back!

It's been wayyyyy too long that i've been away from Tdisc nation. It's been a wild few months in Tdisc land. The season is upon us...with the relay only 2 weeks away panic has set in. What has changed.....Captain Tdiscgreggy is engaged. What hasn't changed....the admiral's want to be bagged morning after morning. Again, all credit goes to the admiral for getting us where we are today.

The bull has gone home in preparation for the season. We miss you bull....come back soon! As the slogan goes at tdisc...."He may not win the race, but he'll make the admiral win it!"

April 24th/10 is a day i'll never forget. I had reached the most mentally unstable point in my life. As I hit midweek in preparation for the 2nd race of the season I had made the decision that I would not be racing. The catch...I had not notified the team. I struggled the mornings leading up to look them in the eye knowing that I was going to bail on Saturday. On friday I skipped the team pregame run for what I called "some extra rest for the race." The thought of skipping the race pushed my food addiction to a whole knew level. With chicken fingers, licorice, and cold pizza in my stomach I tossed and turned as I set my alarm for 10am. I woke at 8 and never went back to sleep. I laid there in bed as the race began....Picturing the course...knowing where the boys were. I sat on the side of the bed...devastated that I hung my beloved tdisc out to dry. Bloated, tired, and bull low...I had hit rock bottem! The pain of a race was nothing to the pain I felt that morning. Never again...

All hitting pb's in the first race of the season Tdisc had reached a new level. Excitement is on the rise as we prepare for our second shot at the Red Island Relay. TDisc1 has decided to switch their rotation in hopes of dethroning tdisc1 of their silver medal. Two months ago the rumours began to swirl that the admiral was exploring options of a new partner, but just like last year they have brought it back together just in time.

That's enough for tonight....

TDP

"Successful people do what unsuccessful people don't dare."

1 comment:

  1. The return of the blog has made my day, week and month!! :D

    ReplyDelete