Saturday, July 18, 2009

Bryan is back!

As I was climbing a steep hill on the kinkora road...I thought to myself..."why do I do this to myself."

This past week has been a total disaster for my training. Taking a break shouldn't be an option for me considering I gain about a pound for every day that I don't train. So ya...a week off has led to about a 6-7 lb weight gain. Today I really paid the price! I was struggling on every hill...my stomach was turning as fast as my pedals were. A lot of bad thoughts were swirling around in my head...including the big Q word...QUIT! It was the first time I considered walking a hill since I started biking back in '06. As the boys biked farther and farther ahead of me the personal pep talk had begun. It was about 20 minutes long and by the time I was done I had it worked out that I was going to smarten up and stop eating junk...and eating it wayyy to fast.

The ride was complete misery! It was great because that was exactly what my body needed. The devil had to come out...unfortunately it was the hard way.

Tdiscflick was abandoned at the very beginning due to a flat tire. He opted to sprint his way home! Tdiscgreggy was missing because of a wedding in Tignish...where he was expected to run the dance.

Tomorrow i'm going back to the pool. sigh.......

Till next time,
Tdiscpye

"Effort only fully releases its reward after a person refuses to quit." -Napoleon Hill

2 comments:

  1. Glad to see the blog back, even if it is Bryan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with anonymous...glad you're back....tell Bryan he needs to go on a vacation...

    ReplyDelete