Thursday, July 23, 2009

Tdisckree is in!

According to Atlantic Chip Timing.ca Tdiskree will compete in this saturdays sprint distance triathlon in Stanhope. He just might be the only TDisc member to enter.

He was quoted as saying " I just can't pass up the opportunity to compete here in PEI. My training over the last 3 weeks has been less than ideal but I just couldn't wait to get back into a race. The sprint distance will get me back into racing mode. It will be terrifying and lonely standing on that start line without any teammates."

I'm excited to hear the news about Tdisckree racing on behalf of Tdisc this coming weekend. For me it was just a reminder that I should be racing with him. I thought long and hard about my decision to scratch for the race and in reality it is the right one! 2 hours of training over the past 2 weeks just isn't enough. As I sit here tonight...with my shirt off...blogging, i'm extremely disappointed in myself. I feel like i'm letting a lot of people down by not racing. I've made a major mistake in my training schedule...there isn't anything I can do about it now...I just have to get back to training.

This morning I felt great getting out of bed for a morning run with Tdisc. I was up before the alarm and even had time to mess around on crackbook. I was the first to arrive at the TTF and didn't have to wait very long before the admiral came storming through the door...followed by our captain Tdiscgreggy. Tdisckree was putting a group through the paces, so he was unable to come for the run. Noticably absent from the run was Tdiscflick.

I was nervous of how my body was going to react to a good stiff run. 10 minutes in I was ready to walk...my legs felt so heavy...but I pushed on. 20 minutes in I was ready to make a right and head home...but we went left. 30 minutes in I began to find a bit of a rhythem. At the 40 minute mark we were on our way home...I didn't feel great but I wasn't going to drop off the back. 51 minutes the run took us this morning...I was thrilled with how well I ran the route.

Tomorrow i'm going for a swim. I expect to feel pretty strong in the water...but quite tired. I look forward to the next couple weeks of training...and gaining back the respect of my teamates.

Till next time,
Tdiscpye

"A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else." -John Burroughs

P.S. Josh Vessey has been cut!

No comments:

Post a Comment