Friday, July 3, 2009

2 Sleeps!

Wow...I can't believe i'm preparing for the triathlon...it's unbelieveable how much time flies. I personally don't know what to think right now. I have a checklist of about 100 things to do before we leave tomorrow. Today was a very tough day mentally for Tdisc. Tdiscadmiral and Captain Tdiscgreggy recieved word this morning that their wetsuits would NOT be arriving in time for the triathlon. When I asked Tdisct(w) how the admiral was handling the news she said "Not good". Tdiscgreggy kind of shrugged it off while the admiral was working the phones.
For myself it was probably the lowest i've been since my meltdown in November. I just felt really overwhelmed today....and combine that with a tooth ache and kinked neck. "I don't even want to go"...I broadcasted to anyone who would listen at lunch time(refering to the freddy tri). It was till about 6 when I began shopping for food and liquids that I began to change mentally. The thing that scares me most is that i'm not that nervous. Right now i'm about half as nervous as I was before the RIR...but for this race I don't have the admiral waiting for me in the transition area.

Tomorrow we plan on leaving PEI around noonish. We plan on arriving around 3 or 3:30...checking in...and than going down to get a look at the course. That will be followed by a pasta supper and an early bedtime. This is when the nerves will probably kick in to high gear.

As far as being ready goes...I honestly think that were ready. Can we be better? ya for sure but for the time period we had we progressed at a great rate. I'm just about to head off to bed...they say tonight is the most important nights sleep...and to be quite honest....I won't sleep well tomorrow night. I plan on blogging from the Tdisc room in Fredericton.

From the Tdisc headquarters at 195 blue heron lane i'm Tdiscpye....Goodnight!

"We were born to succeed, not to fail." -Henry David Thoreau

No comments:

Post a Comment