Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Captain Struggles as the Dog days continue

Scratches: Jason Malone(Flu like symptoms)
Josh Vessey (Car broke down)

As I sit here I'm dry heaving at the thought of the racing season being just around the corner. We have 11 days till our first minor race of the season. I'm not looking to peak right yet but with it being in our own back yard I want to have a good showing. I'm a little nervous for that reason! I've increased my swims, began spinning, and refocused myself for the run. We're still laying seeds, but beginning to plan for harvesting.

After the swim the captain released a statement on his website....www.TheCaptain.com.

"Today's swim for me was the worst of the 2010 year, I splashed around for a solid 45 mins. I could never find my stride, and felt tired the entire swim. The wall of Negativity was calling my name, but I would not listen and continued to swim. I continued to stay positive just chalked it up to a bad swim day and Thursday will be better.
It was great to have the pool not very busy and have the big five there hacking it out in the pool. The dog days are not over yet, and tdisc gets better everyday.

I am getting nervous about the indoor tri, because so many people know that we train, and I get thumped by a nobody than I will not be happy. This time last year I had a idea what is it like to run a 10k, but not race. I have no idea what to expect from a triathlon and even though I knew it was going to be extremely hard, it surpassed what I expected.
This year I am in better shape, I feel stronger, and am more confident in the pool. My biking has a long way to go, any will be my main focus as soon as the snow is gone.
Can't wait for tomorrow

Captain"


Our goal has always been to promote our lifestyle and the sport we've come to love. It took awhile....but you don't have to look to far now to see we are making headway.

The rumors of the dog days being over are starting to surface. With an extra hour of sunlight beginning on the weekend it is expected that Tdisc will call a news conference, where The Admiral will officially call an end to the Dog Days of '09-'10.

Back to a busy week,
TDP

"Shutting off the thought process is not rejuvenating; the mind is like a car battery - it recharges by running."
-Bill Watterson

No comments:

Post a Comment