Thursday, August 6, 2009

Just not the same

Training just hasn't been the same lately without a majority of the Tdisc members. Most workouts I do alone and the others are done with Tdisckree. Although it has been tough to stay motivated...I have gotten most of my workouts. I have felt great on my last couple runs...although the timing of a certain something just hasn't been done that well. My biking has been much better, and my swimming hasn't been to bad.

This morning I got up by myself and went for a 35 minute jog with a pretty good pace. It was tough to get up but once again when I finished I felt great. It game me a great start to the day. This evening I had a few things going on and wasn't planning on working out but when I recieved the call from tdisckree at 7:15 to go for a swim at cari, I agreed right away! I just had the feeling that I needed a good hard swim. I felt a little down in the pool...I just didn't feel quite as fast as I did before Fredericton. It's frustrating how quickly it can be lost! I did a long warmup followed by 8-100m on a 2 minute paced. I was absolutely gassed! The good news is...I felt better coming on the end then I did at the start.

When I take a bit of time off swimming I tend to make one big mistake everytime. Shaving the day before! When I swim my shoulder brushes off the side of my face. If you want to know how it feels...I suggest taking a piece of sandpaper and starting rubbing your shoulder with it. That's how it feels. When you're finished... look at it...that's how it looks! It's terrible!

Tomorrow I really don't feel like getting up and going for an outdoor swim but that's what I have to do. I miss tdisc and look forward to the team works in september.

To address the comment left on the blog. Tdisc has not folded! although I will not rule out major changes within the team.

Till next time,
Tdiscpye

"If the power to do hard work is not a skill, it's the best possible substitute for it." -James A. Garfield

No comments:

Post a Comment