Saturday, August 1, 2009

Parlee Beach in 2 Weeks!

I was talking to Tdisckree today and we decided that Parlee Beach on August 16th will be the next race for Tdisc. We're still unsure on how many members we will send.

On Friday I went for my first open water swim since Fredericton. I really didn't want to go but after I was finished I was glad that I did it. I went with a few other triathletes from PEI. I did one 750m loop...and i'm sure if you tracked me then I probably did closer to 900m. With the pool closing for the month of August I plan on doing 3 open water swims a week. I like it better than the pool because you can really get into a rhythem...rather then turning every 25m. However...the weeds and jellyfish give me the No feeling!

Today charity soccer tournament...which was raising money Mohammed's new hands. I had a great time...although I was quite disappointed when I was beat five-hole in overtime in the semi's. After I finished the soccer tourny...Tdisckree and I decided to go for a little bike ride. We went for a pretty tough 50k...and with the heat my water bottle lasted about 40k. I felt extremely well on the bike today...my legs were a little tight but felt quite strong.

Tomorrow I hope to get a run in and maybe a bike ride. The last couple of weeks i've been a bit lazy and haven't been doing my distances. This week I plan on going over my distances.

From the Tdisc headquarters at 195 blue heron lane...I'm Tdiscpye.

"Do not confuse motion and progress. A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress." -Alfred A. Montapert

No comments:

Post a Comment