Monday, August 31, 2009

2009/2010 Season has begun!

I was very excited to get back with the team this morning. I slept well last night and was up before the alarm and ready to go for the morning run. I arrived early but when I saw the admiral tapping the watch, I knew something wasn't right. "6:30 boys...you're late!" The admiral snapped out. Really the time was set for 6:45 but the admiral is still adjusting to his first cell phone and did not get the text. Since it was the first day...the admiral didn't freak out. The big news of the day was came when Tdisc realized they would have to start the season without Captain Tdiscgreggy. Tdiscgreggy released a statement to the media shortly after the run. "boys I apologize for the no show this morning, but I am still just a little burnt out. And I did not have to work early so I decided to take another day of rest. I Will be back though, I am looking forward to it."

We went out on a lengthy 57 minute run this morning to start off the season. We all felt pretty well throughout the run. The quote of the day came from the admiral. "I don't know what i'd do without tdisc." We had lots of time to discuss some season goals and how we should go about the season.

We also announced our slogan for the upcoming season. "Why Not?"

I'm really looking forward to what this season has in store for the team.

Till next time,
Tdiscpye

"Don't go through life, GROW through life." -Eric Butterworth

No comments:

Post a Comment