Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The emotional roller coaster known as the dog days.

"I'm Tired today."- A sleep deprived Admiral
"Are you still low?"- Captain Tdiscgreggy(referring to my Bryan moments over the weekend)
"I don't feel like i'm getting any better in the pool."- Josh Vessey

Physically I was training at a high level over the weekend...but mentally it was crushing blow leading into another week of the dog days. Some boys took Monday off but the admiral decided to go for a short run. The bull who arrived at 6:45 ran on his own while the admiral and I opted for a later start.

I went to bed last night knowing that I had to pick up bull who was having truck problems. After seeing Jake kick off Gia(What an idiot!) I set my alarm a bit earlier and hit the hay. I woke up feeling great. We arrived early for the 7am swim time. That's when my emotions went bad again. Here's a run down of my mood changes over the morning:
7:00- It's great to be here today...can't wait to swim.
7:05- Frig I don't want to get in the pool. Why do I do this?
7:10- I'm swimming great and decide to push a bit harder.
7:15- I'm hanging off the rope and have decided to quit the blog after getting passed while kicking.
7:20- Start an endurance set with the captain. I decide i'm going to blog after all.
7:25- Miss counted.....contemplating just doing some skullies.
7:45- Finish the endurance set. Have the swimmer's high. I'm on top of the world!
7:55- Sitting in the lockerroom, struggling to find the motivation to shower.
7:56- Decide to quit facebook!
8:05- Check facebook...consider changing my status. Scanned my whole homepage.
8:30- Had too much for breakfast. I'm bloated...consider skipping edfit.
8:45- Decide to go on a strict diet...and think about what to blog about.
8:50- Walk by the candy dish....unphased!
10:00- Sit in to 2 bisquits and a pound of fresh bacon for coffee break. Bloated again....decide to quit texting and the blog.
10:30- Send the coach a text. Ready to put a drive on in the training. Quit facebook again.
11:00- Hurt my back...i'm ready for a job change.
12:00- Blogging...while sending a text, with another page open...which is 3 profile's deep in facebook, and have my food addiction under control.

Just another day.....

Just a reminder of the fan poll that is in the top right hand corner. As of right now it will be the bull speaking directly to Tdisc nation on Friday. Tonight it's edfit....tomorrow it's Sprints.

High again,
TDP

"Don't let your high's get too high and your low's get too low."

No comments:

Post a Comment