Friday, February 12, 2010

Finally....Friday!

Again I was up way past my triathlete bedtime. Workouts in the morning and workouts at night, combined with late night activity is usually the recipe for disaster. I don't know how I'm holding it together today. It's just shows how far I have come emotionally from where I was last year. Last year Bryan would have showed up and went low and probably released a negative statement on the blog. Not this year!

When I went to bed last night I thought to myself. Friday is usually never that hard. I can do bike sprints without totally killing myself and I don't mind heavy legs. Well...today was a totally different story. The coach had a workout designed for 30min on the bike. Coach ran one group while the bull ran our group. It was much harder than I thought it was going to be. After we finished we met downstairs by the rink, where we did 16 sets of stairs from bottom to top. It hurt! I just do everything I can to try and keep pace...these guys are machines. Vessey summed it up best when he answered to where the coach was? "He's sitting in a chair at the top...he thinks he's gonna puke." A usual light day turned into a Friday Bagger. Tdisc planted another seed!

We haven't done a lot of long runs lately, so tomorrow we are hoping to get back into the routine of Saturday long runs.

Looking forward to a rest day,
TDP

"I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and sweat."
-Winston Churchill

No comments:

Post a Comment