Thursday, December 17, 2009

Captain talks about giving

Last night we delivered our gifts to the ten families that we have chosen to help. I never even really thought about what it would be like until I was at the first house with the admiral. It hit home fast when we were handing over the card filled with gift cards.
One of my favorite things about Christmas is watching people open their gifts from me, it always makes me feel good inside. I have never experienced such a genuine thanks, as much as last night. After last night I am inspired to raise and help that much more. The people we gave to last night, we not only waiting for us, but very excited to see us. It was a amazing experience.
As great as it was to see the thanks, the state of these houses and families was very hard to see. One house we went to, the mother was not in the right state of mind, with three little girls there. This was a huge eye opener and for a while the car was quiet after a few of these houses. We were all just thinking how rough these children have it.
I will more than ever be grateful for EVERYTHING I have this Christmas, and a true heartfelt thank you to all of you that have made it possible.

Tdisc truly changes lives

Captain

No comments:

Post a Comment