Friday, December 4, 2009

Flashback Friday!

At 4:52am this text came through..."Staying home sorry." It was from our big gun the admiral. When you're sending texts at that time of the morning....you're not working out. When the alarm went off I was quick to pull the plug on this mornings swim. I had a tough ed fitness class last night and a game of hockey at noon today. It's the off season...I felt like I could use the rest this morning. Our captain and coach also took the morning off but our prized rookie the bull decided to go work on his stroke.

As promised for the month of December, I will be having what is known as "Flashback Friday's." Well this week I've gone all the way back to January 30th/09. It was a Friday, the dog days were in full force...Tdisckree and I were quitting once a week. I was on a train going southbound. I had major soreness in a lot of areas. 3 days prior Tdisc laid the biggest single thumping on a teamate since Tdiscgreggy got left behind on the bike back in september of '08. That's when I finally said frig this and began to make the push for Fredericton. Tdiscgreggy was really feeling it at this point and just the day before had called out Spin class instructor Tdisct(w). The admiral was hampered with teeth problems and Tdisckree was ready to say "frig this" with tdisc. This was the end of an emotional roller coaster of a week...Enjoy!

Tdisc on edge leading into the weekend
I woke up this morning after having probably one of the best sleeps i've had in weeks. I left in great time giving me a chance to relax on the way in. As I was getting changed in the TTF lockerroom the other members of the big 4 came trickling in. I knew it wasn't good when Tdiscgreggy came in ahead of the admiral. Next thing ya know the admiral comes pacing through the doors...without saying hello he goes...."What". I knew we were in for a long one...but what I didn't know was that a meltdown in the pool was in store for a light friday workout.

Today we decided to add sprints to our half an hour jog. We'd sprint a half lap then jog...then sprint a lap...then jog. It was pretty tough but I felt like it was a good change. When we finished Tdisckree and I decided it was best we take 5 minutes and stretch...but Tdiscgreggy and the admiral decided to skip the stretch and head right to the pool.
when we were heading to the pool Tdisckree said "you watch...the admiral has a bad attitude and he's late...he'll be just pounding out the laps." Much to our surprise the admiral was perched up in what used to be known as Tdiscgreggy corner....friggin with his goggles. So we jumped in and started doing some drills. I felt good swimming today but i'll admit that I was a little thrown off having a person on each side of me wizzing by me like twice a lap. As I was taking a couple of breaths all I could hear was a loud vulger tirade coming out of Tdiscgreggy corner. It was the admiral...here is what I caught. "This is the last #&@%*$@ time I stop swimming for a week. I'm @#$&@$# brutal today." At 7:45 Tdiscadmiral exited the pool...hurling the pull buoy out into the middle of the aqua aerobics. Tdiscadmiral's swim today could easily be compared to the one back in October when Tdisckree was cutting him off at the spa. As for the rest of the team we had a pretty good swim. We got some great tips from a fellow triathlete Scott. By the way Tdisc thanks you for that Scott. We all exited the pool at around the same time with spirits pretty high....with lots of talk about this summers circuit.

Tommorow shapes up to be a good one. Tdisc may be looking to make another statement.

Till next time,
Tdiscpye

"Do you want to be safe and good, or do you want to take a chance and be great? " -Jimmy Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment