Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Hump day.....Again!

Scratches: Bull Patterson (concussion) Day-to-day

Whenever i'm training with Tdisc the weeks just seem to fly by. It's Monday and then next thing you know it's hump day. For me, today was one of those day's where you know it's hump day and you're doing everything that you can to get over the hump. Last night I was up wayyyy past my tdisc bedtime which led to an exhausted TDP this morning. I battled from start to finish today, however I did find a way to swim well. I luckily drew the same lane as the big gun. When you swim with the admiral you are always motivated to swim hard. When you're swimming you can sometimes sense him coming behind. It's like when you're in the ocean and it's all dark underneath and u sense something....you start to panic....you begin to kick like a madman....your arms are getting caught in the water because you're flailing so hard. When you're finished...you feel like you have survived.

This past week has been very exciting regarding the 1st annual Tdisc Santa Claus Run. We have been recieving emails, phone calls, and even face to face conversations asking how they can go about supporting the run. The support so far has been absolutely remarkable. I'm completely blown away! For me the only problem I have is that when I get too high my food addiction flares. For example: Today I was recieving emails and texts about donations and I didn't even realize I was double fisting the box of chocolates that was sitting by the computer. As I went to get my phone and send a text I found myself elbow deep into a bag of party mix that only had pretzels left...I don't even like pretzels! Anyways....I can deal with the food addiction....keep the donations coming!

A special thanks to Colin MacKay at KRock. I never heard the plug but from what I hear it was awesome. Thank you so much from all of us here at Tdisc.

Thanks to all who have donated so far....it's you the people that are making this a success. We're just 5 guys running in Santa Suits. Say what you want though...it's going to be friggen funny. We have momentum....let's keep the ball rolling.

I'll leave you with a something to think about. It's beginning to get dark out...the streets of downtown Charlottetown are quiet. The temperature drops and the gun goes off. In the distance you notice a large group of runners and at the front.....5 Santas!

Till next time,
TDP

“If at first, the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it” -Albert Einstein

No comments:

Post a Comment