Wednesday, January 13, 2010

300th blog post

300 posts! It just seems like yesterday that I was storm stayed and coming up with this friggen thing. This week has been a bad week for the blog. Operation SFA has been taking up all my blogging time. With a workout in the morning and either Yoga, Ed fit, or hockey in the evenings, my down time has been rest.

It was a tough week for Tdisc. We put in some hard mornings at the TTF. Tuesday the whole team did a bike and leg workout. Fire an ed fit and a hockey game on top of that and it's a full day. On wednesday we hit the pool. We swam pretty hard for close to an hour. Everyone kind of did there own thing. Tdisckree battled a bad wing and kicked for most and the admiral had a beef with his stamina so he ripped off a large amount of consecutive laps. Thursday morning we did arguably the toughest sprint workout ever on the track. I don't often find myself bent over gasping for wind but on that day was. Other than Bull nearly taking out an 80 year old man everything went well. The admiral was a game day scratch due to parenting, but admitted later that he ran around the block at home sprinting the poles after he finished work. Thursday night I was back at ed fit for the second time this week. It has really been catching on and last night it drew a record crowd of 23.

I woke up this morning to a text that said "I don't have a ride, see you at yoga."-Josh vessey. My first reaction was "that frigger is pulling the shoot." I tossed and turned for a few minutes thinking of excuses not to go. I came up with a lot but knew the admiral was going to be sitting there waiting so I got up and took off for the pool. Tdg(work), TDK(upper body) and Josh Vessey (no ride) were all scratches from the swim. The swim class has turned into a real bagger every friday morning. Today was no different.

Tonight was my third trip to yoga. Tdg, Tdk, and Josh Vessey also came with me to give it a try. I'm becoming much more comfortable with my breathing and some of the positions. My hip flexors and hips are extremely tight. Tonight by times I thought they were going to pop. It's great!

Tomorrow it's a long run in the morning and then Ed.fit. Rest day on Sunday.

Also just like to wish our captain...Tdiscgreggy a very Happy Birthday. He turns 27 Tomorrow.

TDP

"Before you've practiced, the theory is useless. After you've practiced, the theory is obvious." -David Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment