Thursday, January 7, 2010

Dropped......again!

"I'm going to prove them wrong." -Josh Vessey (talking about the results so far in the fan poll.) p.s he's still there.

It was good to have that big break at christmas to rest the body, but getting back to where I was before has been tough. My food addiction flared and over the holidays I gained 9lbs. As a team we gained 46lbs. For me it was extremely disappointing. I didn't really notice it until ed fitness on Tuesday night. I felt really heavy throughout the whole workout. It was at that point that I decided opertation SFA had to come into effect. SFA simply stands for Stop Friggen Around. So i'm working hard on my food addiction as well as 1 yoga and 2 ed fitness classes on top of the usual tdisc workouts. Operation SFA is in it's 3rd day.

As I walked in the TTF this morning I looked up at the tv to see the movie Rick and Dick Hoyt playing. It was put on by the coach to motivate the boys as it was gettting late in a tough week. We sat for a few minutes then the admiral piped up "alright let's go." As I was going upstairs to the track I could feel the affects of operation SFA. As we began our first set around the track I knew I was going to struggle through it. So we did 6 laps of the track then 5 sets of stairs 5 times. As I hit the 3rd set I was dropped by the group. It's always disappointing to get left behind but with a year under my belt I understood that good runners have to keep getting better as well. This is what I needed...this is what got me better last year...and this is what's going to get me better this year. After we finished that we separated into 4 corners and sprinted from corner to corner. It was a tough workout...something Tdisc really needed.

On Wednesday we had a good hard 45 minute swim. I was in a lane with the admiral and the coach and basically just tried to stay on their heals. It was great!

Tonight i'm back at Ed Fitness. Tomorrow it's swim class.

Keep on Keepin on,
TDP

"There are no shortcuts to any place worth going."
- Beverly Sills

No comments:

Post a Comment