Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Tdp and Tdg try yoga

It's no secret within tdisc that my flexibility isn't where it needs to be. I've often talked about doing something about it but it just never seemed to happen. Well yesterday the text came in from the captain. "yoga tonight at 5:30." I quickly responded back with "not a chance." A few more texts followed and next thing I knew I was in the car and on my way in to yoga. I was clean terrified. It was a very comfortable setting, and I found a way to kinda hide at the back. For the first little bit I couldn't look over at the captain without laughing. All I could think of was wow if only my grandfather knew about this. It has always been preached in the MacPhee family that men don't do yoga, men work! The captain was doing some kind of fancy breathing that kept making me laugh, but I would quickly refocus as I began to feel my groins tear. Oh frig, then the crazy positions started. My worst fear had come true. I was lying on my stomach reaching back trying to grab my feet. Unfortunately my hands and feet weren't coming together. Next thing I knew the teacher is reefing on my feet trying make the connection. My back was cracking and it felt like I was going to pop a blood vessel in my head. Then I hear..."just relax and let your body feel the stretch." I almost snickered as my head was about to explode. Then my hands slipped...my feet catapulted back at such a speed that if I was near the wall they would have went right through it. I became much more relaxed after that because I pretty well figured I couldn't get any worse. Believe it or not I actually really enjoyed the class. I can see it becoming very helpful for my triathlon training. Unfortunately for me I had to start somewhere.

I was quite tired getting up for the workout this morning. The yoga took more out of me then I thought it would. We started off on the bikes and yes Vessey made it to day 2. We also had the pleasure of working side by side with pei's own...ordinary joe's. Some found it a little tough to stay focused with the admiral only a few feet away rag dolling the bike pedals. Tdiscbull put us through about a half an hour of sprints then we went into a weights set. Our focus in the second half is going to be on our legs. Today we did three different leg sets with abs in between. We paired up today and Tdiscbull was matched with Josh Vessey. He has been giving the daunting task of mentoring Vessey along this journey. The coach then gave the bull a little incentive. Pointing at Vessey tdisckree announced "if he makes it 100 days, you're an assistant captain."

Tonight it's back to Ed. Fitness. The greatest circuit workout on earth. For more info on it just contact the blog.

Till next time,
TDP

"My god given talent is my ability to stick with training longer than anybody else."
-Herschel Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment