Thursday, January 21, 2010

What Tdisc means to me by The Captain

Todays Scratches: The admiral (Parenting)
Tdiscpye (H1N1 Vaccine)

Yesterday was a day full of shots. I got one in each shoulder. Thinking nothing of it I just continued on with my regular routine. So I went to bed like usual...Great time...just a little after 10. 2 a.m rolls around and i'm feeling really sore in my right shoulder. So I got up and moved it around...I could hardly lift my arm above my shoulder. First thought "I can't swim." Frig! so as I was laying there in my bed I started going through my swimming stroke....couldn't do it. So I text the coach to let him know. 6 am rolls around and still nothing from the coach. So I call...still nothing. Not wanting to leave the boys hanging I sat on the side of my bed and waited for a response. Finally I touched base with the coach aroun 6:20am, back to bed I went.

Yesterday was a nightmare on the legs. This years camp has really kicked into a tougher gear. Yesterday we did some tough sprints followed byEverything should be as simple as it is, but not simpler. - Albert Einstein legs, legs, and more legs at the ttf.

Tdisc means a lot to us. Today I have the honour of presenting to the fans an article written by our Captain that featured in yesterday's Toronto Sun.

Last September, I joined a group called Team Discovery. I joined because it seemed like a good way to get in shape and have some fun with some great athletes through the tough winter months. I never really knew if we would race or do a triathlon, but I was going along for the ride.

As time went on and training stayed constant, we seen guys come and go but the big four always stuck it out. I admit if I was not living with the Admiral I would not be on this team. If I was behind schedule in waking up, (happened a lot) Admiral would pop his head in and say you coming to Greggy? and I would respond yep and off we would go. I know that there was a lot of this going on at the MacPhee household because the Coach and blog master shared a home.

When this team started, I was working, going to school, coaching and had a pretty demanding social life. Last year before Tdisc I never thought I would wake up at 6:00am and exercise? that soon changed, I NEVER thought I would go to bed before 10:00pm??? that soon changed, I never thought that a workout would become more important than a night out partying, very quickly changed.

For me 2010 is a big year. I have changed my sleeping habits, social life, diet, (big time) and put everything towards fitness. Tdisc has been a major impact on my life, I eat healthier, exercise twice a day, rarely drink or go to the bars, and always feel I can push myself more. I am looking forward to seeing the outcome of all my hard work when it comes to the triathlon season. This is the year I get to see the benefits of my sacrifices.

Tdisc really does change lives.....

Captain Tdiscgreggy


Tonight it's Ed-Fit. Tomorrow we are back to more legs.

Just like to welcome a new addition to Tdisc nation...Josh Whiteway. On behalf of Tdisc and bloggingwithtdisc.blogspot.com we say thank you for following our Journey.

TDP

"Everything should be as simple as it is, but not simpler." - Albert Einstein

No comments:

Post a Comment