Monday, January 4, 2010

It's not a resolution- It's a lifestyle.

As I packed my bag last night and prepared my running gear for this mornings workout I couldn't help but feel a little excited. I set my alarm for 6:18...due to the pending weather conditions I gave myself 2 extra minutes. That move paid off as I arrived at the TTF just as the admiral pulled in. We walked in together and like usual as I approached the door I slowed up to make sure the admiral got to walk in first. "Vessey...what are u doing here?" a surprised admiral asked. As I turned the corner I spotted him. "I'm back boys." said Josh Vessey half pleading to the Admiral. After we got over the initial shock...we said "good to have you back Vessey." Rule 22 in the Tdisc handbook clearly states that we cannot deny anyone this lifestyle. The clock has started again. Be sure to check out the new fan poll in the right hand column. How long with Vessey make it this time?

It was great to be back with the team. The conditions weren't great for an outdoor run but everyone was pull of pee and vinegar so we went outside. We went for about 40 minutes and then finished with a lengthy stretch. It was very icy but we didn't have any injuries other than a few severe cases of the runners trots. Shortly after the run TDK released a short statement. "I'm pretty pleased with what I saw today. I was real surprised to see Vessey at the TTF this morning - this just might be the time he makes it 100 days. Everyone seemed to be tired but in good spirits. It's good to have a unit of 6 heading into the 2010 season. In an attempt to keep all six guys safe I am appointing a safety comitee within TDISC - Tdiscadmiral will be the chair and Josh Vessey will work as his side-kick. they will look into ways that will make the runs a little safer for each member (ie. reflective vests, monitoring running/weather conditions."

I'd also like to reveal January's theme that was brought forward by TDISCBULL :

"IT'S NOT A RESOLUTION - IT'S A LIFESTYLE."

Nice job on that one Bull.

TDK "


We held a team meeting on Saturday night in which we discussed the next few months. It was decided that Tdisc had to up the pace. Longer morning workouts had to be in store. It is the year of the triathlon orrrrr the 70.3? Yes you read it right. Tdisc has made a new goal. On August 29th we will compete in a Half Ironman. It will be double what we did last year. More details and team goals to come.

It's good to be back,
TDP

"You don't need to be a fantastic hero to do certain things - to compete. You can be just an ordinary chap, sufficiently motivated to reach challenging goals." -Edmund Hillary

No comments:

Post a Comment