Monday, January 11, 2010

Josh Vessey speaks

Tdisc believes in second chances. When Mr. Vessey opted out of his tryout agreement it was almost like a slap in the face to Tdisc. Well I think I speak on behalf of the team when I say that we were shocked when he decided to give it another go. We could see from the start that he was a more mature Josh Vessey. We decided to start the clock again. With 7 full days in he addressed the media just outside the TTF.

Josh Vessey:First off all, a big thanks to all the members of the team for accpeting me back on for a try out agreement. I'm a new man this time around and am determined to make the most of this glorious opportunity. Having done this once before has better prepared me for what to expect and I am much more mentally focused to tackle this grueling winter training with team TDISC.

I realize that there is much doubt surrounding my return to TDISC and the idea of me making through the vigorous 100 day tryout. But I am going to let that negativity roll right off me because I am feeling great being reunited (bright and early, every morning) with the team and I know they have my back. I couldn't be happier with the team support that I've been receiving and being as it has become the one and only Bull Patterson's job to coach and mentor me through the try out, I'm basically set for success.

I know it won't be easy, but would i want it to be? Absolutely not. That's not what TDISC is all about.. it's about dedication, perseverance, teamwork, and punctuality (right, Admiral?).

Thanks again for the opportunity to be apart of something this special. Second chances don't happen everyday, better take advantage of this one.

-"Time to nut up or shut up."



We had a good run this morning. It's hard to believe that it is almost the middle of January and we are still running outside. Although it was quite cold, the conditions ideal for running. The captain and I hit up yoga again tonight. I feel like I had a better night. I was more familiar with the positions. I really look forward to going again on Friday. Tomorrow it's bike and weights followed by Ed Fit in the evening. Op. SFA is in it's second week. Feeling great!

TDP

"Opportunity is just success looking for a place to happen." -Greg Hickman

No comments:

Post a Comment