Wednesday, June 17, 2009

18 days till fredericton!

I was really getting worried with my work ethic over the last couple weeks since the RIR but this week has been one of my best. Our run yesterday morning was in the words of Tdisckree "The toughest one yet"...Captain Tdiscgreggy led us up hill after hill. This run came about 10 hours after about 50k on the bike...my legs were really feeling it. We followed that up with an evening swim of about 1500-2000m. I felt awesome in the pool...but I was feeling a bit sluggish late in sets but I expected that to happen. 10 hours after the swim we were back at it...we hit the weights at cari. I felt pretty tired but I really had the drive to push through the workout. After we finished the weights we left for the pool. I was mentally prepared for the chaos that was waiting for us. In my lane I had the released Josh Vessey and some other gentleman. We actually worked very well together...I never had to pass or bump into anyone. I felt tired but I swam great once again...I did roughly about 1500m before hitting the showers.

Yesterday the news broke to the public about the dismissal of Josh Vessey from his tryout agreement. Tdisc has confirmed that he has been released due to poor attendance. It is an honor to be a part of Tdisc and the poor attendance that was shown was nothing short of a slap in the face. By right he was given 24 hours to appeal the decision. Josh Vessey has appealed and it will be made public within the next 24 hours...at that time a decision will be made by Tdisc.

I waited and waited as long as I could...Now it is a reality...Time to buy wetsuits. Last night Tdisckree and I purchased 2 Zoot fuzion wetsuits that we intend on using in the Fredericton triathlon. All I can say is..."I hope it fits". I'm not exactly a common build and by the time that I get it...it'll be to late to return for another size. Buying a wetsuit is just another example of Tdisc letting everyone know...were in it for the long haul.

Tonight I intend on doing 30-40k on the bike...going as fast as I can. The weather has been awesome this week...tonight should be a great night for a ride.

Till next time,
Tdiscpye

"It never gets easier, you just go faster." -Greg LeMond

No comments:

Post a Comment