Monday, June 8, 2009

Day 274!

274 days ago when we all entered the spa at 6:45 am we laughed and said "300 days till fredericton boys". Time flies....were 26 days away from the biggest race of our lives. We've pushed each other as far as we could...now with the RIR over it's time for each of us to get ready to race as individuals. The last few days has given us a little insight into what the season is going to be like. The reality is...were not professionals...we have jobs! This is a busy time of year for a lot of people and it's no different for tdisc. Tdisckree has pulled out of most early morning workouts and get's workouts when he can. Tdisc will always be scheduled to go at 6:30 am...make it if you can! Weekends will continue to be big days for Tdisc...although we may be without our captain for weekends for the rest of the season. It will be a tough time for Tdisc...but this process has put us in a position to get it done individually.

This morning I felt great getting out of bed. I had a long afternoon snooze and still slept great last night. I arrived at the pool to find it packed. Rookflick and the admiral had just begun there swim so I joined them in there lane. I knew after my first lap that it was going to be trouble...I felt like I was sinking all the time. Even when I was kicking it felt like I was hardly moving...ohhh it wasn't good. Tdiscgreggy arrived a bit later...and joined in the lane. It was a full house to say the least. The only rule with our lane was...."Get the frig out of the admiral's way". I struggled through about a 45 minute swim and then hit the showers.

Oh man my diet has been terrible. It is so tough to stay on course...I opted for rice at dinner but then ended up having chips in the evening. I'm really going to work hard over the next few weeks to really watch my diet. My goal is to drop about another 10 lbs before fredericton. I'd feel a lot more comfortable racing at that weight. So if anyone sees me eating something I shouldn't please let me know...and hopefully i'll put it down immediately.

Tommorow it's a long run for Tdisc. I expect it to be a much needed tough run. Tomorrow night were back to swim class. We just gotta "keep on Keepin on".

From the affiliate headquarters at 14624 trans canada hwy i'm Tdiscpye..."keep your elbow high".

"First say to yourself what you would be;
and then do what you have to do." -Epictetus

No comments:

Post a Comment