Sunday, June 21, 2009

Tdisckree's stag

on Saturday we got going pretty early so that we could be back and have some time to get prepared for Tdisckree's stag. The admiral, Tdisckree, and I left on route to Rustico and Cavendish area. We were flying on the way out...pretty well doing it as fast as we could...we took turns going at the front pushing the pace. We are all a little bit different...I like to push it on the flats, The admiral likes to race to the top of all the hills, and Tdisckree takes more risks on the downhills. I was personally feeling a little tired...but I held on for most of the route...although on one downhill I eased off a bit and I ended up paying the price...I spent about 10 minutes trying to catch back up. When we made the turn at cavendish....the headwind hit us...It was instant devastation. We spent the next hour and 15 minutes doing everything we could to get home. It was nuts....I remember just looking right at the admirals back tire climbing the hills...telling myself..."just hold on". You know it's a tough ride when Tdisckree get's dropped....and that he did late in the ride. When he caught back up and passed us...we asked him..."How are u feeling?" "Let's just get home" he replied. It was by far the toughest ride I have ever been on and they said the same thing. We ended up biking pretty well as hard as we could for 2 hours 15 minutes. Probably wasn't the best idea considering we had a stag party in the afternoon.

Yesterday was Tdisckree's stag. We first went golfing at eagles glenn in cavendish, than we went back to a cottage in Rustico for evening festivities. Which included baserunner, standing long jump in the kitchen, and a Sue Johanson style story telling session by Darcy Harris. I'm sure people who saw me eat what I ate, would not think I was doing a triathlon in 2 weeks. It wasn't good! Sorry Andrew....details of the party cannot be posted on the blog. Let's just say it would be a little much for the pg audience. I will say though...Cubag runs a great stag!

This week will be the final push for Tdisc before Fredericton. It's going to be an extremely tough week, both physically and mentally. The wetsuits are now in Canada...should have them very soon...an outdoor swim may be in order for this week.

Till next time,
Tdiscpye

"Every day, in every way, I am getting better and better" -Emile Coue

1 comment:

  1. Cuebag does run a good stag, as well as BBQ a great burger.

    Flooder

    ReplyDelete