Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Tdisc on the cusp of retirement

"I'll pull out of Fredericton if you guys do." -Tdisckree in a chat to the admiral
"Let's just get this over with." - The admiral referring to Fredericton
"This is my last"- Captain Tdiscgreggy


50%- The chance of Tdisc doing Fredericton
1- The number of Rookies that showed up today.
5- The number of minutes spent in the hottub
11- Days till Fredericton
3- The number out of 10 about how I feel today
4- Consecutive days of eating macaroons.
16- Consecutive days my food addiction has controlled my life.
60- The number of lengths I did consecutively today
8- The number of times I nearly got kicked in the face today.
4- minutes late today
36- The number of negative thoughts over the course of the morning


I feel that as of late I haven't trained as hard as I maybe should have been. Monday I took a complete off day in order to rest from the weekends festivities that left me a very sore wrist, and back. Tuesday I felt very sluggish...and when I was told we would only be going for a half an hour...I was relieved. The admiral was quoted as saying "I'm only going for 30 minutes." So we left in the rain...50 minutes later we arrived back in the rain. So much for that easy jog...as much as I hated it...it was what I needed. It was before the run that the devil had creeped into the TTF. Negative talk was at an all time high...and the big problem was that everyone had the same idea about the triathlon. "Just get this friggen thing over with so I can enjoy my summer."

Last night I really had to force myself to swimming class. I felt really unmotivated after a long tough day at work. I've been really doubting my abilities in pool lately. Last night I felt pretty good but not overly confident that i'm prepared for the olympic distance triathlon. The quote of the night came when I was told "I suggest you go for an open water swim in your wetsuit before Fredericton...It freaked me out." Not what I was looking for at this point in the journey...especially when my wetsuit is still sitting in customs.

This morning I decided to skip the weights and go for a 20 minute jog. The rest of the team went through a weights circuit and then the rook put us through an ab workout. After that we proceeded to the pool. I had no dry yingfa's so I had to wear the pair from last night. I thought they were tight going on dry...holy cow...there wasn't much left to the imagination going to the pool today. I stood there on the deck of the pool thinking to myself...."Time to see how far I can go." So I hopped in the pool and began swimming. At 200m I was thinking to myself..."I'm frigged"...at 300m..."I'll do 500"...at 500m..."may as well do the sprint(750m)"....at 750m..."holy frig...I'm feeling much better"....at 1000m...."jeez...I'm going for it(1500m)...1250m...(250m to go)....1450..."I think I'll sprint the last 50m". I swam the olympic distance of 1500m consecutively for the first time since I began swimming...and the funny thing is...I felt great when I was done. It was a huge boost to the confidence. We enjoyed a bit of hot tub time than hit the showers.

Back to work....bike ride tonight!

Till next time,
Tdiscpye

"Take chances. When rowing forward, the boat may rock." -Chinese Proverb

2 comments:

  1. You guys will do great in Fredericton. Do you know yet where you are going to stay?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the swim. Always good to get over that hill and feel good about it =)

    Good luck next weekend!

    ReplyDelete