Monday, June 15, 2009

Tdisc takes shot at the new guy!

Ok...so...where to start? Well...this weekend was an on your own weekend. With things beginning to get very busy...each member of Tdisc is responsible to get themselves prepared. This weekend was another just fair weekend for me. I went for a 40k bike ride on saturday...and I just couldn't find the extra drive to go for a run afterwards without the team. I had a chance to talk to rookflick about it and he felt the same way...it's so hard to push on alone. Sometimes we take tdisc for granted...without Tdisc I don't think any of us would be where we are today.

Sunday would usually be an off day but Tdisckree and I decided to go for a bike ride. I would have liked to go for a run but I sucked it up and went for a ride. We went for a pretty tough 30-40k ride. We pushed it harder than I did on saturday. On sunday night I decided that it was time to buckle down. I've been kind of coasting since the RIR. My diet and training has to be much better this week.

This morning the drive for Fredericton began. I woke up feeling pretty good. I had a great nights sleep. I arrived at pool early...I thought to myself "not to many people...this is great". Wow...did I ever speak to fast...10 minutes later it went from 2 a lane to 5 a lane. It was absolute chaos. I looked up at one point and witnessed a near head on collision between the admiral and Tdiscgreggy...The admiral pulled out to pass and spotted the captain and decided to pull up and began to tread water to avoid the collision. "She's teaching them to tread water in a lane swim" an angry admiral hollard over to where the rook and I were swimming. I personally felt alright...my lane was relatively fast...I was able to get in about 1500m before hitting the showers.

My diet was pretty well under control...all day I battled to stay on track. I had a great supper before heading out on a team bike ride. We met at the affiliate headquarters at 14624 trans canada hwy to start the ride. Tonight Tdisc was joined by Jared Stretch. It was great to have him along for that one ride...I'm sure he won't be back. "chaos" was the word used by Jared to describe this evenings bike ride. Tdisc attacked him on every hill and sometimes did there best to put him in the rhubarb. It was a wild ride...but i'm sure he can't say it wasn't a workout. We averaged about 31k/hr over 50k.

Tommorow were back to running. I expect tomorrow to be the closest to race day that we've seen in a long time. Tdisc has really decided to put the hammer down this week. Tomorrow night we will be back to swimming class....should be a good day. From the Tdisc headquarters at 195 blue heron lane...I'm Tdiscpye..."Don't take us on the inside!"

"I came out for exercise, gentle exercise, and to notice the scenery and to botanise. And no sooner do I get on that accursed machine than off I go hammer and tongs; I never look to right or left, never notice a flower, never see a view - get hot, juicy, red - like a grilled chop. Get me on that machine and I have to go. I go scorching along the road, and cursing aloud at myself for doing it."

-- H.G. Wells, The Wheels of Chance

1 comment:

  1. T Disc Group Ride Score board:
    Organization: 0
    Form: 0
    Etiquette: 0
    Gentlemanly conduct: 0
    Pace Line: 0
    Crash attempts on the new Guy: 2
    Hill attacks : 48 (9 per hill)
    Damage in $: $64
    "Overall it was a pretty good ride. I've never felt so alone on a group ride. Definetly be back for more......... take my spring/fall bike though" JS.

    ReplyDelete