Saturday, October 17, 2009

Bull Patterson Pulls out!

"He would have made us all run faster times." -The admiral (refering to bull's scratch)

The word from the coach is that bull patterson will not be running in Sunday's big race. He has yet to notify the blog or address the team as a whole. The team is extremely disappointed with the news. They're shoes that can't be filled, but we will do the best that we can to protect the admiral in the early going and hopefully give him the space and comfort needed to go it alone at the end. There is wide speculation that Captain Tdiscgreggy will ride shotgun with the admiral for most of the way.

Pre-Race Report

Tdiscpye- I don't think i'll ever get to the point where i'm not nervous for a race. Like Tdisckree always says "if you're not the the slight bit nervous than you're not the slight bit ready." Today i'm a bit nervous...tomorrow I will be a lot nervous. No matter what the outcome is...it will still be a stepping stone for Tdisc. My strategy will be to get to the front early and make people go past me. My goal is to do the first 10k in 48 and close in 52. 1h40m. My predictions: You're as strong as your weekest link...I expect all 4 to finish under 1h40m.

TDK Pre-Race

Comments :

"Looking forward to the challenge. Will be painful, but it will be a good accomplishment for myself and the other members of Tdisc. Running is not my strong suit and I've been inconsistent over the past few weeks. Hopefully, I will feel well on Sunday. My in-grown toe-nail shouldn't be a factor but I will monitor it closely in the next few days. I will follow the captain's orders and soak it in salt water."

My strategy :

" I will go out hard...very hard. I'd like to be with the leaders for as long as I can be. When I say leaders, I mean I'd like to be in third place by the 6 kilometer point ( Bull Patterson and Admiral will be the only two ahead of me.) I should hit the wall about that point and I'll pull her back for a couple kilometers and then finish the final 13k at a steady pace.
Actually, it probably won't be that dramatic but I will leave hard and will definelty over-do it the first half of the race. I won't rule out a short walk during this race.

Predictions :

1 Tdisc member will have a crack at the podium. 2 Members will finish in the top 10.

No members will retire during the race, but there may be talk after.

Admiral will race with his cell phone clenched in his left hand. He will toss it away 6 k from the finish which is the same time that Trace goes into labour and tries calling him. He will be greeted at the finish by Wayne Gairns and driven immediately to the hospital.

(This was submitted prior to Bull Patterson's announcement.)

Captain’s pre race report

Since this is my first half marathon I am not sure how everything is going to go down. For tdisc I think that there will be 4 pb tomorrow. We will range from 1:37 to 1:45. The admiral will be the one to watch on race day. We are disappointed that our Rookie will not be racing. This is a disappointment, because we had high hopes for him, and he was going to be the driving force to push the admiral.

As for me, this will be the first race in a long time I feel ready for. I have no excuses but to set my pace and go with it. TDP may choose on race day to run together for some of the race, it will be a game time decision. The last time I made a time prediction it was not even close, but I am going to take a stab at it again, my goal time is 1:42. I will be happy under 1:45.

This is going to be the biggest race tdisc has taken part in, and I am excited for it. It will be painful but fun at the same time. Good luck to all competitors, and GO TDISC!

Can’t wait for tomorrow,
Captain

The Admiral's pre-race report
Declined to make a statement.

Bull Patterson's Pre-Race Report
Declined to make a Statement.


"Racing is a matter of spirit not strength."
- Janet Guthrie

1 comment:

  1. wow cousins, those are fast first half marathon predictions! hope it all goes well for you guys. wish i could be there! I just got my own PB in BC last sunday! it is always a nice feeling. I'll be thinking of you guys and looking forward to hearing your times!

    ReplyDelete