Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Talk of Vacation

With the poor weather again today we were forced to run indoors. It took awhile to get things going this morning. The usually chipper and ready to get going Bull Patterson was down in the dumps. For those who don't know, bull has been having troubles with getting his truck to start. So he replaced the starter and bought a new battery. When asked what was wrong bull replied "I was up late working on it and it won't even turn over." Bull was fed up! We didn't leave the changing room until the admiral barked "Let's get'er goin."

I read in a magazine last night that when tapering you should decrease your mileage but not your intensity. Well, today that is what we did. We went for a hard 5k that split the field in the final few laps. I really needed that push on the run today and I felt great afterwards. After the run we stretched for a bit and talked about vacation after the run on Sunday. Most people say that you should take between 1 week and 3 weeks off. Tdisckree has announced that he will be taking 2 weeks off. With my food addiction and other things the team and I have decided that anything over 10 days could spell trouble. So I will begin my training as soon I get back on the 27th. The rest of the team has not yet released their schedules for a return.

So far Tdiscgreggy and I are confirmed for the PEI half marathon on Sunday. We are still waiting on the rest. It is widely speculated that the admiral will make it official on Thursday. Be sure to watch for the Tdisc Pre-Race report that will be coming out over the weekend.

Tomorrow we are back in the pool.

Till next time,
Tdiscpye

"The body does not want you to do this. As you run, it tells you to stop but the mind must be strong. You always go too far for your body. You must handle the pain with strategy...It is not age; it is not diet. It is the will to succeed." - Jacqueline Gareau

No comments:

Post a Comment