Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Welcome Back!

"Pye it's your turn to get your profile on the Wii." "No that's ok" I replied to the room full of people.(half that I didn't know) In the end they coaxed me into getting it done. For those of you who don't know what it is...It's a video game that makes a look a like of you then plays doctor Oz and tells you your body mass index and how old your body is. I cruised right on through the facial features and whatnot. I must say it's a rather humbling experience. So It came time for me to step on the wii. I did a few balance things and it took my weight and whatnot and then came the results. "40" and "obese". "Great i'm an obese triathlete with a 40 year olds body." I didn't take it well and nearly came to blows with the wii. "Pye it's not proven to be totally accurate" Someone suggested. Cooler heads prevailed and we flicked on the hockey game.

"Are we stopping macdonald's?" tdiskree asked. "ya" I replied. A couple exits later I asked "Are we really stopping at Macdonald's?" "Ya" Tdiskree replied. A few minutes pass by and then tdisckree asks "Do we really need MacDonalds?" "No" I suggested. We pulled in to Tim Horton's....for a donut! That stop led to a deep discussion on our food addiction. We came to the conclusion that something has to be done about our eating habits. We train like dogs and eat like junk. It was then that the food addiction challenge was introduced. Details to follow.

In the words of Morrie Schwartz `Today is the first day of the rest of our lives.`
I can`t look back...I can only look forward. Today I locked eyes with 4 mini kitkat bars and after a minute stare down I said `not today food addiction...not today` and left the room. I`ve been junk free now for nearly 24 hours.

Tdisc doesn`t resume full team training until Nov. 1 but i`ve been ordered by the team to go back to work right away. I will ease back into things slowly. Tomorrow I have a swim planned out that should take about an hour. I haven`t heard from the team but I assume things have been going well. The admiral and tdisct(w) are expecting any day now. Should be exciting year for tdisc!

Till next time,
Tdiscpye

“Life is too short not to make the best and the most of everything that comes your way everyday.” -Sasha Azevedo

No comments:

Post a Comment