Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Captain Responds

Good day team

I am pretty jacked up about our new schedule for the upcoming months. I
am not going to lie I have enjoyed the extra rest this week with the
extra hour of sleep. But I am still looking forward to getting back at
it next week. I have been doing some thinking over the past week, and I
am really looking forward to this season. I found last year I was just
in it to get in shape and finish a triathlon. It was the hardest thing I
have ever done but with such a busy summer I never got to reflect on it.
Then the marathon came along and I pushed myself to new levels in
training, and this was still not the outcome I was happy with.
I was very honored to be the Captain of tdisc, but this may have been a
cop out in how hard I pushed myself. This is going to change starting
next week, I feel I am at the top of my game right now and it will only
get better. I no longer will train to "finish" or "compete" I train to
win. In doing this I plan to push myself to keep up with the admiral and
bull for as long as possible, and I feel these two men will take me
places where my goals will be accomplished.
I have received some positive news in the past weeks that I may not
even require surgery on my wrist at all! This has been a lingering
injury in my life that I have always had in my mind, in which would set
me back. I will find out next Friday whether I will even be getting it.
The doctor is very puzzled in how my wrist could have been fractured for
3 or 4 years without healing but in the last year and a half they have
grown together, and the blood flow has grown stronger to the bones in my
wrist. All I could think when he was telling me this, (tdisc really does
change lives). If this goes well there is nothing holding me back.

Watch out, these guys are for real!

Captain

No comments:

Post a Comment