Saturday, October 10, 2009

I accept

I have accepted the offer put forward by the team and will begin my role as chief editor and head author of bloggingwithtdisc.blogspot.com right away.

Over the last few days I have had the opportunity to step back and focus on a few personal issues that needed to be dealt with. I feel like I've taken the right steps to become a better triathlete and person. I like the new direction of the blog. It will take some pressure off myself and it will allow the fans to get a better understanding of what it's like behind the doors of the TTF. We are currently working on getting videos uploaded onto the blog. The camera is set up and at any point in time during the workout a Tdisc member may be asked to go in and answer a few questions for the camera. It's going to be an exciting step for Tdisc.

We are currently working on team uniforms. Director of Merchandise(Bull Patterson) has announced that they will be unveiled at the PEI Marathon. We are also working on team breakfasts following the morning workouts. Head of Finance(Admiral) has given the ok for both of these saying "It's in the budget."

Tdisc has eased back as we taper for next Sunday. Friday we went for a swim that ended in a race. We took off 4 wide when all of a sudden bull patterson pulled up halfway. Bull was breathing so hard that he blew his tooth right out of his mouth. Bull was giving the ol come up for some air and then dive back down trying to locate the tooth that was making it's way to the bottom. Only in Tdisc! Today we did a 12K run. Tdisc released a statement concerning Bull Patterson's Friday night festivities saying "We condone his actions but him showing up this morning speaks volumes about his commitment to Tdisc." The fact that he ran with us for 12k this morning in his condition is totally remarkable. This mornings run went well. It was kind of a poor day for a run. It rained for the whole run but like most islanders would say "it could be snow." Following the run we stretched for a bit then we hit the showers and all sat around doing our new post workout ritual....Flossing our teeth. Ya...I purchased a bag of those plastic floss things...wow...it's totally changed the health of my teeth. We sit down and hand the bag around, then everything goes quiet and the boys go at the teeth. A few of the boys mentioned today that their teeth didn't bleed when they flossed this time.

I hit rock bottom with my food addiction. So now I'm on the way back up. Someone mentioned to me the other day that for every 5lbs you lose you are 1 minute faster in your 10k time. That's when it clicked in to me that I need to continue to shed pounds. So over the past few days I have cut my portions back and eaten much healthier. Today I was able to have an omelette and Toast at the farmer's market and walked right on past the mini doughnuts.

I haven't yet release my goals for the year. I read a study the other day from Yale in 1953 that said that the 3% of Yale graduates who had written goals had more wealth years later than the other 97% of the class combined. Our goal last year was an olympic distance triathlon. If we hadn't started a blog and announced to everyone that we were doing it, there was no way I would have done it. So today I'm announcing my goals to the public.

1.My lightest weigh in so far has been 204lbs. I will compete in my next triathlon at 184lbs or less.

2. My fastest 10k to date is 46minutes59 seconds. I will run a 10k race in under 42 minutes next year.

3. I will break 1hour 10minutes on the bike in a triathlon next year.

4. My career best is 2hours 30 minutes in a triathlon. Next year I will do a race in 2 hours 25 minutes or less.

5. Tdisc will become Famous!

In the words of tdisc WHY NOT?

Like Anthony J. D'Angelo said "we need to be addicted to costant and never ending self improvement."

Tdisc function tonight...day off tomorrow.

Till next time,
Tdiscpye

Head author/chief editor

"There are only two words that will always lead you to success. Those words are yes and no. Undoubtedly, you’ve mastered saying yes. So start practicing saying no. Your goals depend on it!" -Jim Canfield

No comments:

Post a Comment