Thursday, October 15, 2009

"Frig Tdisc...none of my clothes fit anymore." -Bull Patterson

I felt great getting up this morning and was ready to swim but when I reached the side of the pool I just couldn't convince myself to get in. The captain and I sat on the pool deck for at least 5 minutes dangling our feet in the water before we took the plunge. You know that you really don't want to swim when you take the alternative approach of lounging poolside bare yingfa. I felt great once I got in the pool. I did a warm-up, drills, and a cardio set. I swam for about 30 minutes then hit the hot tub with the boys.

As we talked about the half marathon this weekend...tdisckree informed us that he may be a late scratch due to soreness in his big toe. He also summed up his thoughts about the race when he said "This race is like when your playing hockey and your out of the playoffs but you still have to play 2 games on the road."

The pre-race statements are beginning to trickle in. I hope to bring the report to the blog by Friday night. Tdisc will go on our for the next few days leading up to the race as everyone prepares differently. Tomorrow I will run. Saturday I will take off. Rain and wind in the forecast for Sunday...

Till next time,
Tdiscpye

"There's no such thing as bad weather, just soft people." -Bill Bowerman

No comments:

Post a Comment