Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Busy pool outlasts Tdiscadmiral

Although I felt like I had a good nights sleep I still awoke feeling tired. For the first time in awhile I hit the snooze button. Being well prepared the night before allows me that few extra minutes in the morning. I arrived at the TTF a few minutes late after getting every red light on the way. In the changing room I could sense a little tension. So I asked Tdiscgreggy what happened? "I parked behind him....and he had to move my car." explained the Captain. Tdisckree set up a circuit for us to go through....tdiscgreggy had a few questions but he was quickly shut down when the admiral (not giving a frig) said "Let's get things going here." Our weights circuit went really good...I felt great...my legs were a little sore but felt strong.

Next came the swim. While we were walking towards the pool we looked in to see how busy it was...all I remember is the look on admirals face when he saw a lesson and full lanes. I've never had a dear in my headlights but i'm pretty sure it was the same look that was on the admirals face. At one point he gave the ol "I don't think i'm going to bother swimming today boys." We convinced him in the end. He still wasn't all that comfortable....as we were walking by the kiddie pool he said...."let's just turn it around boys." Noone listened and we proceeded toward the lanes.

My swim went pretty good today...I didn't expect to be very good after taking a few days off. I never got the quit feeling today...I just had to keep battling. The top 10 funniest quote of the season came 6 laps into the admirals swim when he looked at Tdisckree (surrounded by fins, flutter boards, pull buoys, flippers) and said "There's nothing to do so i'm just going to swim laps."

A rattled Tdiscadmiral left a bit early and the rest of us sat in the kiddie pool for a relaxing few minutes after the swim...talking about how the weeks are flying by and next thing we'll know we'll be in Fredericton. Spin class tommorow...the week just gets harder from here.

Thanks to all that voted....There will be a new poll up tommorow.

Till next time,
Tdiscpye

"When I feel overwhelmed and my stress levels rise, I stop and step back from the situation and put the even in perspective. I always ask myself - what difference will this make in five years time? " -Catherine Pulsifer

No comments:

Post a Comment