Monday, February 16, 2009

Tdisc on the brink!

What should have been an ordinary monday was nothing but that. On a normal day Tdisc usually sends around anywhere from 3-5 emails. Today 14 emails were sent around trying to figure out what went wrong today. It was than that Tdisc decided to hold a news conference to determine the state of the team. Not much was decided by then....Tdisc went into the news conference still up in the air, however Tdisckree and Captain Tdiscgreggy addressed the media at the news conference.

Tdisckree
"In the wake of today, I am putting things on the line....pushing the envelope and really opening up myself to backlash but I truly feel this will make the team stronger and more focused going forward. This is my proposal...oh yeah I am not quiting or retiring. Once again this is my proposal... As of today Feb. 16 The TEAMS FOR the REd Island Relay will be as follows : TDISKREE and TDISCGREGGY VS. TDISCADMIRAL and TDISCPYE. take it or leave it...... I think the teams need to be across family and household lines. Also, this will force tdiscadmiral and tdispye to get along better. the two biggest names in tdisc will be forced together. This leaves each team with a good runner and good biker. TDISC has been getting stale lately and really looking for blogging material...this announcement will send the fans and media into a frenzy and clear the uncertainty that awaits us in 100 days in Brudenell. Looking forward to hearing back from the Pye-Admiral camp." Tdisckree.

Captain Tdiscgreggy

First off, this is off the record but as Captain of T.Disc I was greatly disappointed in even joking around about quitting T.Disc. This has been more than a team, more than friends, this is a way of life. T.Disc has been there for us in the low Mondays, and the high Thursdays, it personally has got me through a lot of hard times. Not sure where I would be without T.Disc, so if I hear one more bullshit comment about quitting or retiring, we are putting the admiral in charge of workouts.
My thoughts on today, is that the admiral without a question was not happy with the workout today, and you know what? We are all allowed to have those days, some of us just take it out in different ways. No matter what happened we all got through the workout and all had a great sweat. Today is over with, now we can focus on Krees suggestion.
I do not want to pick favorites, and I don’t think we are. I think this proposal is a positive thing, because of a number of reasons….

TDISCKREE born 1980 TDISCADMIRAL born 1980

TDISCGREGGY born 1983 = 54 TDISCPYE born 1983 =54

Strong Biker, Strong Runner. Strong Biker, Strong Runner

Neither team lives together, so no sneaking out together to get a workout in. Everything will stay honest.
This will also force each other to continue and be strong, because now if that one person backs off it will let down another. Friendly competition makes the end result faster, because now you are not running and biking for yourself, but also another team member.
Just some thoughts, I hope everyone’s day is going well. Great workout this morning, it pays to lay off the party scean for a weekend for sure. Feel great, and can’t wait for tomorrow.

RACE DAY!!!!

TDISCGREGGY


I need a night to sleep on the events that transpired today. I'll be running as an individual without a team tommorow on race day. I'm not sure I like the direction the team is going in. We'll see what happens tommorow on race day. Tdisc is a lot like bob gainey....patient....may wait to long to pull the trigger.

Till next time,

Tdiscpye


"It isn't about what I have, it's about where I'm going - it's about the people I'm trying to help get there."





No comments:

Post a Comment