Friday, February 27, 2009

Tdisc dresses 3 of the big 4

Suffering from what I thought at the time was flu like symptoms....I decided it was best that I take myself out of friday's lineup. I wasn't total comfortable with the decision but in the long run it was probably the right one. I just didn't stay in bed when the alarm went off...I got up and began mapping out a route on mapmyrun.com. Then I hollared in to Tdisckree's room..."get up...your going to be late." Then I went back to bed and talked to tdisckree from there. In the end I think it was just a bit of uneasiness over the trip to Japan. Right now i'm feeling pretty good.
Tdiscgreggy was very active with the media today....he had this to say about today."T.Disc had a great long run this morning, even though it didn’t feel the same without TDP. Tdiscpye was excused from the workout this morning to try and beat his flu like symptoms. Because the last thing we want is for him to get sick for his 15 hour flight. It was such a great feeling to get outside today, I was up early and in a great mood as soon as I woke up this morning. Even though I did fall behind and when I got to the TTF TDK had warned me to just put my head down and get dressed as fast as I could, the Admiral was not happy about our starting late. (this was after I witnessed TDK run a red light to get there on time). But once we got started the first couple km were tough, and I realized just how much my stride has stortened from the track/treadmill and all the biking/leg workouts. So I know now how much more stretching I am going to have to do to get back to race form. It was a beautiful morning and again great to be outside again. We had a long 11k run where we talked about, Tdisc, MIT, Freddy, TDpye in Japan, and flickthis. I did miss the sprints today, but overall great run today!"

He also took the time to give me a little send off. "This is just a few words from the Captain, we really missed you this morning. We totally understand you need rest to beat off this flu for your trip. It was a preview of the next two weeks, and your absence was not a great feeling. We are truly going to miss you in the mornings while you are gone, but just like all of us, you need your time away. I hope you have a great trip and have some amazing experiences. Try not to think too much about T.Disc and just concentrate on experiencing everything you can, because it is not every day you get to go to Japan. Who knows if you will ever get back. (Unless you meet a hot little…….) Anyways I just wanted to wish you a safe and great trip, we will miss TDpye but it is only a week or so.
All the best"

Thank you Captain Tdiscgreggy.

As you are well aware of....Tdisc is beginning to be recognized worldwide. Today while waiting to get my hair cut, I was looking through the national post. I came across an article that may interest some people.
" TDISC Goes Global - Tdispye to test Asian Market."
Charlottetown. Tdisc got an early jump on spring this morning and hit the roads running. They ran about 11 k around the scenic victoria park boardwalk. It was a very light mood and 3 of the big 4 couldn't help but talk about MIT 10 again this morning. One comment was " The pros start out ahead of the amateurs in the big races, but wow they're gonna get some fright when they seen tdisc pulling up to the lead pack part way through the bike." Tdiscgreggy said " boys, Imagine we got a shoe deal ?"
The workout however had a noticable ommision. Tdiscpye was feeling flu like symptoms and had to rest at Blue Heron for the morning. Tdiscadmiral was concerned but felt that " it was in the best interest of the team for him to stay home and rest." One concern felt by tdiscpye is that he is 48 hours from his trip to Japan and being sick would make for a long flight overseas. Media, bloggers, fans, and analysts have been bantering around rumours of why Tdiscpye is going to Japan at this point in the training calendar. Tdisc officials have stuck to their guns in saying that it is a business trip and that he's going to an Organic Farming trade show. Many aren't buying this reason.
TSN's Gino Reda had this to say " According to my sources tdiscpye is heading to Japan to sign a lifetime deal with YING FA swimwear."
Freddy MacDonald from the Guardian - " I tell ya what they are doing...they are looking for two top notch swimmers to pace the Admiral in the water. They are looking to add some top-end speed to the team which they haven't found in North America."
Peter Mansbridge on the NAtional -" How do you say bloggingwithtdisc.blogspot.com in Japaneese. The blog may be available in Japaneese in coming weeks."
FLICKTHIS - Blog follower - " He's testing the Japaneese market alright...checking out women. This guy is gonna come back here with a Japanese girl...he's a womanizer."
Either way Tdispye is off the Japan on the weekend. It will be tough on the other big 3 but they all feel it is something they can handle. Tdisgreggy thinks it provided opportunity to tdisctw to step up into a bigger role with tdisc..." I think it's a good opportunity for tdisctw, because she's only an affiliate right now and with pye out she has a chance to prove she can fit in with the big four."

I appreciate the support that I am recieving. I'm excited for what's ahead...I'm sure i'll love my time in Japan...but I know either way I have Tdisc to come back to. I have decided to continue blogging from Japan. I will recieve reports from the team and post it when I can. Remember 13 hour time difference. Time to go get packed. Enjoy your weekend....next blog comes from Toyko Japan.

Till next time,
Tdiscpye

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." -- Mark Twain


1 comment:

  1. Took a temporary hiatus from my blog creeping...was putting my marriage in jeopardy, so decided to take some time away...fortunately I am now allowed internet access three times a day (15 min.intervals). Just got caught up on the 'news'....so nice to finally get my Tdisc fix again. Keep plugging away...Tdiscpye..behave yourself abroad..you need to stay focused on your goals. Speaking of a broad; you really do need to work on your womanizing...what happens in Japan...doesn't necessarily stay in Japan..we will find out. The Tdisc team need you to stay focused. In my mind..you are the true leader of the team. That being said, go...and have fun...Domo Arigato Mr. Roboto.

    ReplyDelete