Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Tdisckree gets monkey off his back!

Race Day Tuesday lived up to all expectations. I could sense it last night that something was brewing when Tdisckree stood up from the couch and got himself some toast with peanut butter and said..."You better be ready tommorow." Quickly realizing I was going to need my energy I joined Tdisckree for toast and peanut butter. We layed around for a bit then Tdisckree left for his room saying..."You had better get some rest." So I hit the sack. It was really tough to get up this morning but when the alarm went off I immediatly got up....race day was here. I arrived at the TTF in great time...getting the news at about north river (which means i'm early). I had my workout clothes and everything on ready to go...hoping to get a bit of a stretch in before the race. 3 of the big 4 arrived at the track at the same time 6:45. When asked where Tdiscgreggy was the admiral replied "he was up....I think he forgot something...we can't wait let's go." So half scared I joined the admiral by the first turn. Roaring back from the corner was Tdisckree "You can't start yet...we have to wait for greggy....your scared of greggy aren't u admiral." AFTER 1 lap Tdisckree joined myself and the admiral. I decided to set the pace as long as I could before hanging on for dear life. On lap 5 Captain Tdiscgreggy hooked on to the back. I felt pretty good throughout...although my legs weren't the best. I held the lead for about 30 laps before the other 3 raced on by....with Tdisckree taking the lead. 8 laps later they came past me for the first time....noticibly absent from the pack....Tdiscgreggy. By lap 40 tdiscgreggy hooked on with me and it became a 2 horse race with Tdisckree leading the admiral. aww struckin by the moment the fans sat down and braced themselves as the leaders approached the bell lap. Unfortunatly the big finish never came and Tdisckree glided to his first win....tdiscadmiral cruised in on his shoulder for second. Results: 1st- Tdisckree 2nd- tdiscadmiral 3rd- Tdiscpye 4th- Tdiscgreggy.
Or are those the results? This is where it get's a little dicey. Ok....first of all if you noticed earlier....Tdisckree joined us after lap 1....Did he run the full race? NO. second If you noticed the admiral took off before all members were ready....was that a false start? YES. What does this mean?....Lots. In my mind the official results should look this way 1st- Tdiscpye Dsq-Tdisckree Dsq-Tdiscadmiral Dsq- Tdiscgreggy. Did a 99-1 longshot pull out the biggest victory in tdisc history? You make the decision.

As usual tdisc members addressed the media following race day tuesday.

8:35 @ the public faciliy (TdiscKree)
Concerning a race on Feb. 22
" Despite running well today, I am not physically or mentally ready to complete on the running circuit. I want to keep my focus on the Red Island Relay and Fredericton. I feel an outdoor run might be a recipe for injury, which would be catastrophic at this point in my preparation." The other members of tdisc have not confirmed or denied their place in the Feb 22nd event. Tdisct(w) has hinted strongly that she will attend. Some say that after a lackluster winter of training tdisct(w) is attempting to race herself into shape in hopes of being ready for freddy. Tdiscgreggy would be the next best bet of entering simply because he is the most natural runner of the big four. Tdiscadmiral hates change. He has not mentioned the race, and folks there is a better chance of Obama joining the Republican party then Admiral breaking plans last minute. Tdiscpye is also strongly doubtful and will announce his plans through the blog."

8:45 @ The parking lot (Tdiscgreggy)
"I want to apologize for my efforts today in the run, I am still not 100% after my breakdown on the weekend. I had a great workout with a mini solo tri on Saturday, followed by playing a hockey game. This felt like it might have been too much after my blackout in the Tignish rink Sunday. I had to accept responsibility for my hockey teams lose because I was unable to be present on the bench until the third, in which it was too late. I have had some time to think, and after reading the blog and having the team behind me for keeping the pace up in the run I will have to make some changes. I have now shut down my social life until I have more time, and I am taking a day off work to refuel my body and getting ready to take this training to the next level.
I also want to congratulate T.Disckree on a big win today in the run, and also for not stopping once to relief “some stress”!


4:05 @ the corner of belvedere and university while running with Gary Devine (Tdiscadmiral)

"just want to congratulate Kree on his win today. Thats all I have to say."

The rumour going around is the admiral is looking to keep out of the spotlight and by finishing 2nd is a way of accomplishing that. For the captain...we know he'll bounce back....suffering from concussion like symptoms will be ready to go tommorow. About stopping the social life...a wise man was once quoted as saying..."you can eat what you want...just in moderation."-TDA
I think that goes for socializing as well...you can socialize...just socialize in moderation.

Overall my day went pretty good today. After work I decided to hit the bike on the indoor trainor for an hour and then stretch. I felt great on the bike. For the first time I wasn't really that sore from being down in the areo bars. Swim and weights tommorow. Also Tdisc's 2 week schedule will be posted at the bottem.

This is just another example of the trials that come with becoming a triathlete. Did I mention today was going to be a bloggers dream?

Till next time,
Tdiscpye

"Like being the captain of a mine-sweeper, if you do your job well, nobody notices.If you don't, there's a heck of an explosion. "-Catto, Henry E(dward)

W-weights/swim
th- spin/3krun
f- sprints/swim
s- 1.5 hours of work over two disciplines.
sun - off
m-bike/swim
t-run
w-weights/swim
th-spin/3k
f- sprints/swim
sat- off
sun - off








1 comment:

  1. Do we award the stanley cup after a 3 game sweep?
    Do we give the lombardi trophy after the 3rd quarter?
    If Michael Phelps said "I got a descent enough lead after 80 meters I think I'm just gonna tread for a bit" would we give him gold?
    If Usain Bolt took a look around and before the gun said "see ya suckas" would we give him gold?
    If you've answered no to any of the following questions you've just voted for Pye.

    ReplyDelete