Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Captain proves to be to much for the admiral

Race Day for the most part is usually a media frenzie. Today was a little different....the day went off without a hitch.
Being well prepared the night before allowed me a little extra sleep in time this morning. I left in good time although I did get the news before I got out of the driveway which usually means i'm late but today I think Rebecca Black started it a little early. I arrived at the TTF about the same time as the crazed man with the yellow car...and we proceeded inside discussing the weather. As I turned the stairs to head into the gym, I was startled by the sight of a ghost or what I thought was a ghost....It was Tdiscgreggy sitting there waiting for the doors to open. "What the frig are u doing here." I asked. Why was the captain here so early...he's never early. So I thought to myself....did the admiral set his bed on fire to get him up? Did the admiral pack tdiscgreggy's bag and set it beside the door the night before? or could Tdiscgreggy just not sleep through the smell of a burnt english muffin? So I asked the admiral "What did u do to him." "Nothing he was up" replied the admiral.
As we approached the course, I was getting a little nervous of what to expect in today's race. Tuesday's have never been good days for me. I realize running is not my fortay...so what I was going to try and do was stay with the group as long as a I could than try to not allow myself to fall anymore than 3-5 laps down at any point in the race. Tdisct(w) joined us for today's race...this being her first since the accident. So we started off at a nice easy pace....the admiral hanging off the back. The group held together until about lap 23 when Tdiscgreggy took off.....Tdisckree the only one to respond. The first part of my goal was accomplised! Tdisckree held on till about lap 30 when Tdiscgreggy kicked it up another gear in hopes of securing yet another tuesday victory. Tdiscadmiral then caught up to tdisckree and they paced off each other trying to real in the leader. Meanwhile at the back Tdisct(w) set a great pace for me....not losing a whole lot of ground to the leaders. I felt great....having someone there to pace with you helps keep a positive attitude throughout the race. Tdisckree eventually pitted to the bathroom (Bad pregame meal). A wounded Tdiscadmiral tried to real in the captain but just didn't have it on this day and Tdiscgreggy cruised to victory. Today was probably the best run I've had yet....I had major improvement from my previous race...and I didn't leave wanting to quit. Refering to the admiral....Tdisckree had this to say "I think he's human". We know he's hurt but it's becoming a regular occurance to see Tdiscgreggy laying a thumping on the admiral. We haven't got the official times yet but early reports say it was the single biggest thumping anyone has laid on the admiral to date.
According to the team Doctors...Tdiscadmiral is suffering from a slight groin pull. He says it occured during monday's light 5 k jog and not friday's 30 minutes of sprints at 110% with no stretch after.
Hurt or not....The admiral is really being challenged for the leaders position on Tdisc by the newly named captain Tdiscgreggy. Can the admiral take it to the next level? Will the Tdiscgreggy/captain honeymoon ever wear off?
It was nice to finally get back the runner's high. I think I floated around all morning....it gave me the boost I needed to get me to hump day. With a Storm coming tonight....tdisc morning workout may be in jeopardy. If we don't train tommorow and are stormed in then there will be a first ever profile on at least one of the big 4.
Also Tdisc has been hurting a little bit lately...so we are now in the hunt for a massage therapist. We are on a real tight budget....so what we are looking for is a team massage therapist. If you do massages and want to be involved with Tdisc then please contact me and I'll forward it on. Did I mention we are on a tight budget?
Great day today.....Back in the water tommorow.

Till next time,
Tdiscpye

"There are some cases. . . in which the sense of injury breeds --not the will to inflict injuries and climb over them as a ladder, but --a hatred of all injury. " -George Eliot

No comments:

Post a Comment