Friday, February 6, 2009

Surprisingly quiet on Friday!

The week has pretty well cruised by for most of Tdisc. We've been quite consistent all week with no major meltdown's. Are we becoming triathletes? I think so...it's just like getting up and going to work everyday...it's like second nature now to pack the night before...set the alarm for 6....get up and head to the TTF for a consistent workout. Today I felt great again...we did some sprints for about 20-30 minutes than went for a half an hour swim. Tdisc was caught off guard a bit after the workout when we got chirped about our swimwear. They were basically telling us that our clam diggers had a lot of drag. We appreciate there suggestions and will probably order some tights in the near future. In a side note The admiral scoffed at the idea.
Speaking of the admiral he sent the author of the blog a statement today. After getting roasted for a week straight he had this to say. "I have been listening a lot to Ocean 100 lately and it has inspired me to take on a new approach to life. I want to feel fine in 09. For that reason, I have tried to live more in Johns shoes rather then let the admiral attack. It was stressful, it was intense and it was destructive to those around me. Instead of showing people my rage and intensity, I have decided to step back and simply go with the flow. You will not be seeing the admiral for a little bit because all admirals need their rest. I will work hard and I will be relentless in every workout but I will not lose it. Tdiscgreggy has been a great leader and support system here at home. His laid back attitude has helped me with my rage..thanks Greggy. "
In the words of Admiral David Farragutâ??Damn the torpedoes! Full speed ahead!â??
"John"

Today John did show up...It was a tremendous surprise. After the sprints while in the swimming changing rooms the admiral paid us a surprise visit. Tdisckree said to John "I read the article in the paper about kids missing to much school and I agree with it....we need to make some days up." That is when the admiral arrived..."I like my time off....we shouldn't have to make up time it's like we went to school." He then proceeded to smash the lockers with his kit bag.

I'm actually struggling to blog tonight....I'm in a hotel in moncton with the admiral on the bed behind me....the lights are all on....I have no green tea...and the room is to cold to have my shirt off.

Tdisc has a travel day tommorow and then back at it on Sunday. The next blog will be posted on Sunday night at 8:00. Enjoy the weekend.

Till next time,
Tdiscpye

"If you can't win, make the fellow ahead of you break the record" ~ Anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment