Thursday, February 5, 2009

Team Comes to aid of fallen Leader

I really don't know what to say today. It was one of those days where I had a good workout but I just seemed to have like an empty feeling inside all day. I can't really put my finger on it at the moment.
Thursday spin is one of my better days...I always get a good sweat on and feel good about my improvement in the training. The day started off a little weird...as I arrived at the TTF there were people running back and forth from building to building. Then I ran into Captain Tdisgreggy and the admiral and they notified me about what was going on. The fire alarms were going off and everyone had to evacuate the building. In a report by UPEI later on in the day they confirmed that the fire alarm had been pulled by someone. Was it a sabotage on Tdisc? By pulling the fire alarm was the person trying to delay our workout knowing our leader can't cope with change? Were not exactly sure why but Tdisc training went on.
We all hopped on the bikes with a full back row and front row. Tdisct (w) put us through a great hill workout. Halfway through the workout is when tdisc showed everyone in the gym that we were strong. Our team leader was pedaling away when tdisct (w) told the group to go up 3 gears. The admiral replied "I can't...I won't be able to move my legs." That is when the team in a supporting role started encouraging him...."Come on admiral...Come on admiral...up another one admiral". With the captain on his right shoulder Tdiscadmiral made it through. We finished strong then proceeded to the track for a run. The admiral declined....some say due to work circumstances others say he's still hurt.
When we got to the track...people were very receptive to us like usual. They gave us one lane and they all split the other one. We then T'd up a whole sports team....then ripped off a couple k and had a great stretch. Although I did notice the man who always says "good morning gents" was missing. I'm still holding out hope for the day he says "good morning Tdisc". Team shirts would solve that problem.
When I think of great teams a few teams come to mind right away....such as the bulls dynasty and Us Poastal Service/team discovery. Those two teams were unbeatable in there sports. There is three reasons why they were so succesful. one...they had a great coach...two....they had a great supporting cast....three...they had a great leader. ie. michael Jordan, and Lance Armstrong. You might ask why am I talking about this....well Tdisc is a team that sets goals not limits. If one day we want to become an international powerhouse than we need to copy these other great teams. We have a great coach...and our supporting cast may eventually become the best there is.....Team leader ? Were just not sure. We pegged the admiral as the leader right at the start but like one member said today "he may not be able to settle himself down and mentally just not be able to cope with being the frontrunner." His performance so far can be summed up by a sign posted at the TTF earlier this week. It read...."Tdiscadmiral we brought u here to win....please do something."
I know what yas are thinking...."man you guys are hard on the admiral." You know what...yas are probably right. As we've seen in the last few days he is 100% human. Maybe we expect to much out of him. But yas got to see where were coming from...i'm going to give yas an illustration. In this illustration pretend Tdiscadmiral is sidney crosby and the nhl is triathlon training. Ok....sid is 2nd in scoring with 70 points.....there's two ways to look at it. one...thinking what's wrong with sid...he should be doing better than that....two....jeez 70 points ....that's good he's right up there with a lot of good players. A safe way to look at it would be the 2nd one. I like first one personally....like sid....Tdiscadmiral is a phenom in his sport. Anything but the best is dissappointing. It just eats me up inside to see a physical Specimen like the admiral being just average. Why we push the admiral so much is because with Tdisc all hope lies in the Admiral. We can only hope for things to change...he's does live with team mediator Tdisct(w) and the team Captain Tdiscgreggy. By giving the Captain to Tdiscgreggy it straightened him out...should we try giving the assistant captain to Tdiscadmiral? Or should we like the tour de france....let someone lead for most of the race then hand it over to the big leader late?

Some people have asked...."So like how does Tdiscpye go about blogging." Ok....first of all I get home and prepare a green tea....and crank up the heat. I then usually change into more comfortable clothing...usually no shirt. I go over to the computer shutting off all the lights on the way. I open up the blog...and my email where I recieve all the interviews and comments from the day. I then take 5 minutes to sit back and think about what all happened. I then sit forward take a sip of green tea...and proceed to blog. While blogging I speak out loud reading and going back and going through it. Why do I sit in the dark u might ask? It allows me to get in character. One quote I love when it comes to blogging is.....“Breathe. Know that the Internet has no eraser.”

Be sure to vote on the new poll....it will soon be time to buy uniforms. Swim and sprints tommorow....should be good for a team that is now in cruise control.

Till next time,
Tdiscpye

"A leader is a dealer in hope." -Napoleon Bonaparte

1 comment:

  1. great blog
    I like the Motivational quotes!!
    it will take me a couple of evenings to catch up
    from team Japan

    ReplyDelete