Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Tdisckree profile/race day recap

As I sat in my chair last night watching "the woman tell all"....I couldn't help but think...holy smokes it's 11 i'm going to be so tired tommorow. 6:05 the alarm went off..."wow...i'm tired"...so I went and used the bathroom then set the alarm for 6:12. Off goes the alarm again..."I'm going to be late"...so I got up and prepared to leave. As I was standing there talking to Tdisckree...I decided "Tdisckree if I stay here any longer than I'm going to end up back in bed". So I left to get breakfast and start on my way to the TTF.
It was great that school was delayed...the admiral wasn't in a hurry so we took our time preparing for race day. The race started at a very calm 2 k warm up ...then the pace quickened....the pack holding together until about the 5-6k mark that is when I dropped of the back...still keeping a decent pace. About the 7k mark Tdisckree dropped off the back leaving Tdiscgreggy with Tdiscadmiral hot on his heels. Tdiscgreggy kept his pace and held off the admiral to get back into the win column. Congratulations Capt. Tdiscgreggy.
Everyone ran a good race today...I personally felt great today...but the bad thing was that so did everyone else. A few quotes to sum up today's race. "That was nuts." "I didn't want to puke in front of t(w)". "I had it planned out that I would puke on the back stairs than clean it up later." "Tdisckree was right behind me than when I turned around the next time it was the admiral...I knew then the race was on." It was very intense. However...No drama.

Last week we profiled our great captain....this week we take a closer look at the leader and tacticion of tdisc. It's not easy to lead tdisc...or is it easy to change a teamates way in order to be more efficient rather than just bag yourself. But he finds a way. He's has the potential to think his way to the top of Tdisc. Ladies and Gentleman.......

TdiscKree


ht 5’10”
wt-185
hometown- Blue Heron Lane
birthdate- May 17/80
marriage status - engaged
occupation
Director of Off-Ice Programs - Andrews Hockey Growth Programs.
favorite meal
Mama Sicilion Trio at Piazza Joes, Teen Burger Combo at A&W.(diet root beer cause I'm a triathlete)
favorite band
U2 and Rankin Family . Artists - Garth Brooks, Keith Urban, and Brad Paisley would prob be in a class of their own with Paul brandt, Dierks bentley, and Taylor Swift giving them a scare. Nicest guy in music - Blake Shelton ( I met him)
type of running shoe - Asics
type of bike - Opus
swim trunk type – Real tight Ying Fa

Questions : Where do you see TDISC in 5, 10,20 years ?
In 5 Years we'll be around our 50th competition. By then we'll have competed in MIT 4 times, IN our second Island Games, Been to 3 Canadian Ch'Ships, Have won the Red Island Relay, and probably completed the San Fransisco Int. Triathlon. I hope that we will have made the Olympics....well at least have the admiral represent us in Britain in 2012.
Do you think Admiral is the front-runner for Fredericton ?
No...however, i will be extremely impressed with anyone who beats him. I will be shocked if he's not top 20.
What does TDISC mean to you ?
more than words. i've quit 10 times. I used to contemplate retirement every morning. Now I don't think about retirement. When i wake each morning I take about 2 minutes to think of a legitimate excuse for why I can't go to the workout. I haven't thought of one yet cause our group makes us accountable. TDISC is unreal. We have the best fans in the world, we have the fastest growing blog on the net.


What's it like being captain of such a emotional, intense, and sometimes psychotic group? I am not the captain. TDISCGREGGY is our captain.
Compare TDISC to the Yankees- similarities, differences.
Yankees - Well lets start with the brand. The Yankees are more than a sports team and i think the same thing can be said for tdisc. When people think of the yankees and tdisc they think of great teams, celebrities, they think of success, history. We sharte that with them.
Secondly, you have to look at how they run their team. No long hair, always professional. Tdisc is like that. When you see Tdisc running on the track, we are in single file or double blocked tightly so that we leave a full lane for other walkers, joggers. You can tell when tdisc runs the track that they are pros. Also, we don't allow long hair. we do allow well groomed mustaches like Don Matingly had. I will probably sport something like that at our first race.
Thirdly, our stars. Alex rodriquez. He has a tonne of pressure on him because he is a physical specimen. He is under constant scrutiny from the fans, especially when he slips up. However, his numbers speak for themselves. Tdisc has THE ADMIRAL - he also is under constant scrutiny from the fans, because he also is a physical specimen, and his results will speak for themselves. I think the Admiral will get bigger then A-rod for a couple reasons. 1. He doesn't take steroids (that we know of). 2. he's more of a competitor. 3. He has a better team behind him.
Fourthly, tdiscgreggy is way better than Jeter
Fifthly, discpye is way better than giambi and not on steroids either (that we know of)
sixthly, i am a better coach that Torre.
Who's your inspiration ?
Simon Whitfield - I will model my racing style to his. i will always wear a visor on the run and throw it off with a kilometer to go and sprint it in.
If you could cut one member of TDISC, who would it be ?
Well i've already cut timmy and domi. iwouldn't cut anyone from the big four. I might give the Admiral a couple days off like bob gainey gave Kovalev. I might give him some days off right before fredericton...make him ticked off so that he comes out like crazy on Race day.
If you could choose your partner for the Red Island Relay, who would it be ?
tdiscgreggy. he's the most positive, he's the most emotionally stable.
What is your pet peave ?
people who come onto the track and run for like 7 laps as hard as they can. they pass tdisc and think they are doing great. then they stop and tdisc keeps going for another 44 laps. also, people who talk smack about tdisc but are scared to run the same direction as them on the track on raceday.
How many colors do u have in your closet?I don't have a closet. I do have a couple hooks on the walls that do the trick. I try to keep with the standard colors...navy, black, white. My underwear is always black.
Do you still have that yellow old navy tshirt with the stretched scoop neck?No. however it was a great sleeping shirt. I have a similar grey tshirt that is my new sleeping shirt. The neckline sits halfway down my chest.
Have you ever gotten a speeding ticket? Yes. In Virginia. I forgot about it until now. I wonder if I'll get in trouble for not paying it. Holy cow, I can't believe I forgot about that but it did happen a day before me and Pye broke down on the George Washington Bridge in NYC. Then HYUNDAI's faulty warranty ripped me off Two Thousand Dollars. If you are reading this...NEVER BUY HYUNDAI. They are gutless, and a complet rip off. My Santa Fe has been a peice of junk since I bought it and they are gutless business people. Guess they won't be sponsoring TDISC.
Are you nervous about wearing a wet suit? No. I'm scared to see how grumpy the Admiral is when he buys one.
Will you be scared if you see a beaver in the lake during the triathlon? No. But a Shark at MIT...YES. I won't step foot in the water. IT'll be a DNF for me.
Have you ever felt the need to taser a fellow tdisc member?No. I did ask my fiance if she could get me a horse tranquilizer dart and dart gun...just in case we had a flare up on race day. I don't think a taser gun would do anything but tick the fellow member off.
How often do you eat mini wheats?I actually was on frosted flakes for much of the last couple months. however, I did purchase mini weats at the save easy today. I will have them twice a day. (two bowls each time). I try to stear clear of miniwheats on monday evenings and tuesday mornings. Race Day cleanses the system enough without the additional fibre.
What day will you remember most, crossing the finish line in Fredricton, MIT your wedding?- My wedding.- MIT will be more memorable if I see a Shark.
Who is your favorite member on tdisc?That is a tough call. I'd have to say that day in - day out Tdiscgreggy is who I look forward to seeing most.
What person outside of tdisc are you most afraid of?The person I am most scared of would have to be the guy on unsolved mysteries or Hannibal Lecter. I don't think either of them will be at the race so I'm not concerned about them affecting my race.
Is there a possibilty of a bowl movement during a race?There is a real good chance of a bowel movement during the race. However, the triathlon sets up good for me. The bike ride or swim won't get my digestive tract in motion. Runs on the other hand really seem to stir things up. Luckily the run is at the end and I can grim and bare it to the finish line. I might take on the Admirals diet prior to the race because he's been bound up for like 5 months according to him
If you could name Tdisc any other name what would it be?I think I would name it the All-Terrain Navigators in honor of the first multi-sport relay team I was ever on. The team consisted of John Cusack, Derrick Wells, Geordan Read, Evan Peters, Eddie Francis, tracey Gairns and myself. Our second choice for that team was "Mily Burphy's chomped up cookies."



In preparation for today's profile...the team each taped a personalized message for Tdisckree.



Tdiscgreggy-"As I was enjoying my day off on Saturday, I started thinking ahead to the Red Island relay. I remember back when my sister T.Disct(w) started participating in the race. I was always so impressed with how fast these people were going. Then one year I got a chance to be on a great team, Chris Craig who was always a great athlete needed a bikes and so my name was mentioned from tdisct(w). I was so excited, and since that day I never turned back continuing to take part every year but one. But there was always one team I was impressed by, it was T.Disckree and Q-bag. It was like the ultimate team, and who was always the anchor and did the best for the team was T.Dsickree. I always thought man, he is such a good biker it must be because he is such a good hockey player. I never thought ever I would be good enough to be on his team, LET ALONE be on a two person team with him. It is a great honor, and it makes me train harder everyday to strive to be at his level.
T.Disckree is a great leader, and always has our workouts ready for us, and divides us up to different workouts when it is needed. He is always pushing us to the next level, and we may not always like it, I know we will thank him when we see our results in this seasons upcoming races.
T.disckree always makes sure we are all involved in our workouts, and makes everyone of the big four feel a part of the team. And he also does the dirty work, as in holds back the admiral when he gets to into the time, picks T.discpye up when he starts to eat on emotion, or he needs help with the blog. And also when I am partying to much or slacking off, he pulls me aside and tells me what I need to hear.
He is a great leader and a even greater part of the team. T.Disc would not exist without him.
Thanks T.Disckree"



Tdiscadmiral-"You don't here much about this guy, he is the forgotten one of the big4, but his pressence is heavily felt on tdisc. He has stepped it up ina huge way since Christmas. He is our coach and our mentor when itcomes to triathlon training and does not get the press he deserves onthe blog. This man has come a long way. It was quit the site watching him swimon day 1. I didn't think he would make it. I had him pegged to be thefirst one to quit tdisc. He can now swim 30 lengths without saying "IRETIRE", and he can now run 8km without taking a crap. Tdisckree has been very benficial for my training as well. He is verystrategically sound. He will be a huge part of my strategy for when wedo our first triathlon. He is a great pace setter and he teaches me toslow down. I plan on using him as a pace bunny for when we are infredricton for the first couple of legs. Thank- you Tdisckree Good luck in Fredricton!"



T(w)-"Even though TdiscKree is prepping for this first triathlon in 2009, I believe his racing career began at the Red Cross relay in 1996 when he was a member of the All Terrain Navigators. TDK was to do the road bike leg of the race after a blistering start by Derrickey Loco Suave and then hand off to runner # 2, myself- Tdisc(w). Given that TDK had never raced before, I figured I had a good while before he came in. Stepping out of the port-a-potti with my jacket still on, I was shocked when I heard a loud yelp 'TRaceeeyyyy,' as Kris came flying in on my Dads Gold roadie, drooling as he handed me the wrist band. I threw my jacket in the ditch and took off, frightened by the ravaged look on his face, and impressed by how fast he made my Dads 20 year old bike pedal. Even though it has been a few years since the RCR days, I feel TDK is ready to bring that aggressive racing strategy back into action. The all terrain navigators in some way have been revitalized and it's going to be INTENSE!!! Good luck TDK!"



Tommorow should be business as usual for the team. We have a weights circuit and a swim.





We have begun to look into clothing for the upcoming season. Right now we have some empty spots for advertisement. If you would like to have your name associated with Tdisc....for the right price...we could make that happen. According to our annual report from our finance guy..."we just can't afford it." Also...I will be leaving for Japan on saturday...if you have any suggestions on what should be done about the blog during that time than please let us know. Thanks.





Till next time,


Tdiscpye





"Leadership: The art of getting someone else to do something you want done because he wants to do it." -Dwight D. Eisenhower

3 comments:

  1. Before the wedding goes through. I have to voice my concern for the amount of love Kree has posted for Tdiscgreggy. It was really awkward.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some advice for TdiscKree re. the overactive bowel. Take an immodium before the race. It works, and I've spoken to both my dr and pharmacist, and they say it's safe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. whatever...get a life Flickthis !

    ReplyDelete