Thursday, February 12, 2009

Tdiscgreggy Day

Days like today really show that Tdisc is taking steps forward. Everyone showed up for spin on time and ready to go. Tdisct(w) spared no expense on the big 4 putting us through arguably our toughest class of the year. Not much to report on...Tdisc road great and then hit the track for about a 15 minute jog. I felt great on the bike today....I think it was the most i've sweat in spin class. I also had a good run after feeling only a little stiffness in my back. I thought it was going to be a bit easier to get up today with the weather warming up but it wasn't. Again my preparation the night before kept me from being late.

For the first time on the blog I am going to profile a member of the big 4. This gives you the fans a chance to find out a little more about the team....to put a face with the stories. Today is extra special....we get to take a closer look at the man who holds the team together through motivational speeches...encouraging remarks. When word came that we should room someone with our big gun and protect him through the public scrutiny ....this man stepped forward. He delayed surgery to lead a team that was in desperate need of a leader...Ladies and Gentleman....


Captain Tdiscgreggy
Hometown: Cornwall
Age: 25
Marrital Status: Single
Work: 2009 Canada Games host Society
Strength: Running
Q and A
Fred from Cornwall writes: what is your favorite food?
Favorite food is Chicken, but only the ones I get to catch with my bare hands.


Flip Flop from the spa writes: Good Morning What is your favorite movie?Talladega Nights. (if you’re not first…your last)

Shawn from Fredericton writes: Congrats on being named Captain. What are your aspirations in life and in triathlon?Thanks Shawn. My Aspirations in life, is to become a well known Triathlon racer and a lifetime member of the big 4. My Aspirations for Triathlon is to place well in Fredericton and make T.Disc and its followers proud.

Sahara from Africa writes: What do u do when you rest? I like to watch my 2 Favorite Shows, DEA, John and Kate plus 8.

Adam from London writes: Tdisc Rules! Just a quick question here Captain. What is your favorite childhood memory?Lol....thanks adam....Favorite Childhood memory was definatly beating T.DiscTW in a 10k and never looked back

Jackson from Alabama writes: Obama/Tdiscgreggy '09...hahaha. I know u set goals not limits....just wondering what some of your goals are for '09?I'd like to be successful in Fredericton, go solo at Red Relay or place well in two person. Bike tip to tip in two days, and run a 40 min 10k.

Jen from Miami: Can't wait to see you in '10. Who is your hero?Kurtis Foster, to overcome an injury like that and be back in shape. Makes me confident in coming back after surgery. In 5 years I can see Ironman races for T.Disc. Jen....1(***)***-****

Tdiscgreggy means a lot to the people around him. When I suggested this ...people were quick to send me a little write up about the Captain.

Tdisckree - " Tdiscgreggy is our leader. He's shown his strength in the run and has been working hard in the squat rack to improve the bike leg. Tdiscgreggy is shaping up to be a real threat on the triathlon circuit. He has a tough home life at times, but living under the Admiral's roof he's learned to pack his bag the night before and be at the TTF in good time. Tdiscgreggy's positive attitude and motivation will power TDISC to incredible heights. Alexander the Great once said " I do not fear an army of lions led by a sheep, but I do fear an army of sheep led by a lion." Well TDISC is an army of lions and TDISCGREGGY is a friggin lion too." See yas in Fredericton !

Tdisct(w) spin class coach of Tdiscgreggy'At an early age and before he surpassed 4 ft. tall, Greg often would lie and cheat to win at sports. He couldn't take a loss, despite his 40 lb frame so would always add a few points to his basketball or video game scores at the end. He sometimes would swing full force at me with closed fists when I would beat him. When we would go to the skates at UPEI rink, Greg would often spend time in the penalty box yelling at Dad to videotape him. Those days are in the past and Greg can now easily beat me in a road race and enjoys spending time on instead of off the ice. I am very happy to see Greg participating in Tdiscs quest to complete their first triathlon. With his enthusiasm and dedication to his training regime, I have no doubt that he will be one of 4 members to kill it Tri freddy.'

Tdiscadmiral -Tdiscgreggy is a great teamate, a great leader, roomate and a trueinspiration for all triathletes. The positive attitude and energy thathe brings to Tdisc is invaluble. He is the glue that holds Tdisc together during their tough times. "Lookout" Triathlon Circuit. This man could be a front runner some day,he is a true competitor, always pushing Tdisc to their limits. Especially on race day. Living with the Admiral is not an easy task, especially when he is on anagenda. Greggy is able to rise to the challenge. One last thing to say: "Greggy Set Your Alarm 5 Minutes Earlier

Tune in next week as we profile yet another member of the big 4. I'd like to get some feedback on what you think of the profiles so I can keep this blog going forward. Back to the pool tommorow with sprints before.

Till next time,

Tdiscpye

To do great things is difficult; but to command great things is more difficult.

-Friedrich Nietzsche

No comments:

Post a Comment