Monday, March 2, 2009

Yokoso! Japan

We arrived in Japan about 5 hours ago. The flight went well...the food was surprisingly good...but holy smokes it is a long trip across. The only snag I ran into was when the japanese customs trainee didn't want to let me through because I didn't know the name of the hotel. He really wanted me to give him a name of some hotel and I just didn't know any. Eventually him and Raymond had a conversation and he let me through. So we then met up with kusaku and he took us to the subway station where we would board and go to our hotel. I was a little spooked...I was a lot like the admiral on a swim day with full lanes and a lesson going on. There was Japanese people everywhere...and nothing looked familier. The hotel is nice...It's in a town called Shiba. The rooms are different...there not big....and as I've come to realize already...NOTHING is big in Japan. We then went for supper at a traditional Japanese restaurant. Holy cow...my meal consisted of chicken skin on a stick, chicken gizzard on a stick, chicken liver on a stick, sticky rice with raw squid(it's fricken crunchy). pork on a stick, and quail eggs. Ya it was different...but I was full leaving. We then just came back to the hotel to get some sleep...we are heading into tokyo tommorow. One funny thing was that....people are always going...hi,hi, hihi, hi, hi. I didn't realize that hi=yes....and when I leave the hotel we have to hand our keys back then they give them to us when we come back.
I was just talking to T(w) and found out that we are getting freezing rain at home and that Tdisc training has been canceled for the day. When I have more news than I will pass it on. Off to bed I go. 13 hours ahead.

Blogging from Shiba, Japan,
Tdiscpye

"Every man who possibly can should force himself to a holiday of a full month in a year, whether he feels like taking it or not. Author" William James

1 comment:

  1. Konnichiwa,

    Namae wa Flickthis desu.

    So glad you are blogging in Japan-land. Behave.

    ReplyDelete