Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Tdisc is a lifestyle

Today was just another day in the life of a Tdisc member. I woke up in great time...arrived at the TTF ready to go through a tough weights circuit and then a swim. Hump day is always a tough day...i'm getting a little bit more tired...and it's always a bit more low key. Today's workout went like clockwork...not a lot of talking just all business going through the circuit. We arrived at the pool to find closed signs on all of the lanes. Uh oh....it's closed...no swim today. Instead we looked at it a different way..."That's nice of them to close the lanes for Tdisc so we could have a private swim today." So we proceeded to the water.
Some people are totally baffled at why we would do something like this. Then they ask about 100 questions. I don't really talk about competition...I talk about it being a lifestyle. Tdisc has and will change lives. Take for example our Captain...Tdiscgreggy. In the early weeks we had him pegged as a loose cannon, who might not be able to hack it every morning. Well in a short documentary released earlier this week...Tdiscgreggy had this to say. "I am not sure when this happened but this training has slowly matured me as a person and has completely changed my way of life. A hundred days ago, If someone told me I would skip drinking on St Patty’s day because I wanted to get a good sleep for training the next day I would have laughed in their face. A hundred days ago I would have taken a day off for partying, or at least if I had a day off I would be out on the town rocking the bar scene. These days I take my days off when I need rest from training or I have a big training day coming up.I started with T.Disc a week or so after the other three, and enjoyed the training but it seemed like a impossible goal to continue training this hard every day. Not only have I overcome those negative thoughts but I have set larger goals than I ever thought. My favorite thing to do right now is train with T.Disc, and that makes me happy which makes me train harder. Thanks T.Disc"
When asked to comment on tdiscgreggy's statement...tdisckree had this to say. "I agree Greggy that Tdisc is life-changing. I feel that I am once again becoming a focused competitor. My early morning wake-ups are evident of this change. Here is a run-down of how my thought processes have changed when I wake up."
September - " I can't believe I'm up this early...no way this will last."
October - "I friggin hate this and really want to quit.
November - " Is this ever going to get easier? I hate this."
December - " What excuse can I give the boys so I can sleep in?"
January - " It's the year of the triathlon...Can't skip workies now."
February - " We're in it for the long haul... can't quit so no sense thinking about it."
March - " If I don't get up, some sucker is gonna make up ground on me."
Today - " I need to make up ground on Admiral this week while he's away..."
April - " It's on...Tdisc is ready to break loose and I'm lovin it !"
Tdisckree - "keep on keepin on."


A special thanks to the anonymous blog reader who said that they are glad to have me back...and to answer your question...yes, another photo shoot will be scheduled for when the admiral comes back. A photo of tdisc in the yingfa's probably won't happen due to the possibly of it being used as blackmail.

Look forward to tommorow...slowly getting back into the groove.

Till next time,
Tdiscpye

"Our problems are man-made, therefore they may be solved by man. No problem of human destiny is beyond human beings." -JFK

No comments:

Post a Comment