Saturday, March 21, 2009

What a week!

I just arrived home from breakfast at cora's...holy cow it was good and well deserved. Today's workout was a major statement sent out by Tdisc addressed to the world. We began with a 40 min. bagger on the bike followed by a 10 run(it'd be injustice to say it was a jog). It was extremely tough...about 3k in to the run I was quoted as saying "I'm frigged". I battled the whole run and thanks to my teamates I ran a good run today. I read a book about running not to long ago and it said...."for males something will get a lot colder than the rest of your body"...I now totally understand...I was ready to shut things down about 3k in but instead I ran with a cold hand which spared me from a little extra pain. Once I hit the halfway point I began to feel better...I found stride and was holding on to the back of the team. The paced really picked up about 7k making our last 5k faster than our first 5k. I held on as long as I could to Tdisckree and Tdiscgreggy but with about 1k to go I dropped back. We finished on a tough incline...at one point I was like why the frig do I put myself through this...1 min. later as I was finishing the run I was thinking....man I love this! It's weird but I was in pain and loved every minute of it. Tdisckree was quoted after the race saying..."I was hoping that I wasn't going to puke in front of people." Another quote was..."wow...if people saw us today they'd think were crazy."

It felt great after...we had a major runners high. We had a lengthy stretch session than proceeded to go to cora's. Breakfast was awesome...but now it is hitting me...I'm extremely tired and ready to hit the couch for a snooze.

We look forward to having the admiral back in the lineup come the first of the week. Could be a statement week for the team...I look forward to getting back in the pool tommorow. 12 hours this week...it's going to be tough...but it's now the year of the triathlon..."Shock and awe".

Till next time,
Tdiscpye

"They can because they think they can." -Virgil

No comments:

Post a Comment