Saturday, March 28, 2009

Tdisc gets a piece of the podium!

Todays race results: field of 74

Tdiscadmiral- 3rd Time 20:03
Tdisckree- 6th Time 20:22
Tdiscpye- 21st Time 22:32

Times to come.

Today I woke up quite early and had to get a bit of work done so I did that before preparing for the race. I arrived about a half an hour early...I caught myself doing a lot of pacing....then tdiscadmiral, tdisckree, and I went for a warmup jog. There was a lot of strategy talk going on throughout the warmup. So were questioning how the admiral would run today....I knew he wasn't there for fun when he said "I could drop dead in this race." Noticably absent from the race was our Captain Tdiscgreggy. We could have used a speech to calm the boys before the race.
We then proceeded to the starting line...that's when Tdisckree said "get up to the front boys". Then we started...there was a lot of jockying for position going on but we managed to come away in top 10. The pace was extremely quick starting out...I did my first 2 k in under 4 min./k. by the turn i was about 35 seconds behind tdk and the admiral....I continued my pace...my lungs began to demand air with about 1.5k to go...but I just kept telling myself..u can run farther than u think. My legs felt great but I didn't know how much I could push myself before puking. I was very tentative over the last k in fear of puking in front of people. Tdisckree couldn't hold on to a motivated admiral down the stretch and they cruised in 3rd and 6th.
Overall it was a great first race for the team. Everyone beat the times they had in mind. We can't wait for the next one. Thanks to all the people who were a part of putting the race on...Tdisc appreciates your hard work.
With the major goal in mind being this summers triathlon...Tdisckree and I went for a 50 minute bike ride. Today's race was a big day for tdisc....The admiral has solidified himself as one of the best. Tdisc has also shown that the supporting role is nothing to mess around with...Raceday photos posted at the bottem...more to come..enjoy!

Till next time,
Tdiscpye

“He's definitely going to be able to get on the podium again.” -Bart Shouten









No comments:

Post a Comment