Sunday, March 15, 2009

"Get on the Treadmill right now"

That was what Tdisckree said to me while I was sitting on the couch telling him I just don't think I have it in me anymore.
I woke up today at 5am...still messed up from the time change. So I layed in bed for awhile, knowing there was nothing to do at that time of the morning. 7:45 still lying in bed...now with a screaming headache. So I get up and pop a couple of tylenol and get ready for the day...hoping that it would be the day I get back on track. I had a scheduled time of 1pm to go workout...instead...not feeling well I hit the couch for a good afternoon sleep. 5pm Tdisckree calls and asks if I have worked out yet...I reply..."No, I don't think i'm going to today....might start up tommorow". That's when Tdisckree let me have it "you have to get back on the wheel...the admiral is going to kill you." At 7 pm i'm still sitting on the couch with tdisckree beside me, this time really contemplating retirement. I was really expressing my thoughts of retirement to tdisckree when he said "give me the phone...I'm calling Captain Tdiscgreggy." "No!Don't call greggy" I replied. He still called but luckily there was no answer. That is when he turned to me and said "Your not pulling this team down...Get on that treadmill right now and i'm staying here until your done." I eventually forced myself onto the treadmill and went for a jog. I felt horrible...but continued on....being pushed by the thoughts of the upcoming season.
Expansion has been a hot topic with Tdisc since we were formed back in september. But if, when, or how will it happen is yet to be determined. Tdisc is very open to a woman's tdisc team and we have also had some interest from 2 males that we will take very seriously. Please let us know your thoughts by emailing us at macphee11@hotmail.com.
Does anyone know what will have happened 1 year from today. Ya, that's right...Tdisc will have completed the Miami International Triathlon. It could be the day that Tdiscadmiral shocks the world.
Once again congratulations to our Captain...Tdiscgreggy on his 12th place finish at the St. Patrick's day 5k race held in Charlottetown on the weekend. He ran it in a time of 20:48.
This has to be a week where I make a major statement to the team. I've been off for 2 weeks and have struggled in the first few days back. Thought of Mit and the upcoming season may be enough to keep me going forward. This week will hopefully be filled with 2 a days with a mini try on sat. Should be a good week.

Till next time,
Tdiscpye

"A quitter never wins and a winner never quits." -Napolean Hill

1 comment:

  1. Keep on keeping on...TDiscpye...You can't retire...you are the glue that holds that team together. The entire blogging community is behind you; everyone wants you to succeed....and you will.

    As Lance Armstrong once said, "It's Not About the Bike".........I will leave you with that..........stay strong.

    ReplyDelete