Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Relaxing Race Day

I was nervous going into today's race. It was my first race day in 3 weeks. I didn't feel good in my last 2 runs and all I heard about the past 2 race days was that it was extremely fast. I woke before my alarm but laid there until it started beeping like a mad man...than I got up. Like usual I started preparing my oatmeal and then put it in the microwave then hit up facebook. When I came back to get the oatmeal I was devasted to see that I had put too much water in and had to eat real soupy oatmeal. Not a good way to start the morning. I left in good time....caught the news about the cornwall roadhouse. I arrived at the TTF about the same time as tdisckree....we both looked at each other and thought the same thing....there was no way Tdiscgreggy was going to be on time without the admiral. Sure enough 5 minutes later Tdiscgreggy comes strolling in..."boys it's tough to get up without the admiral" said Tdiscgreggy. Tdisckree and I began our warm up laps...a short time later Tdiscgreggy joined in. At about lap 30 I realized that race day wasn't going to be so bad...everyone was content to just run in a group. It stayed that way until about lap 45 when the suggestion was made to quicken the pace for the last 5 laps....next thing I knew it was an all out sprint. I was very happy with the way I ran today...I didn't have the kick at the end but I felt comfortable throughout the whole run. There was a lot of talking today during the run. The major topics were...greggy's race, The admiral and T(w), expansion, the blog, tdisckree's wedding, and our love for Tdisc. We all agreed that we have the admiral to thank for us being so punctual in the mornings. Without him we wouldn't have stuck to the morning workouts. The fear of getting slapped got us up most mornings.
An email was sent by one of the team members saying "I hate work, I wish I could just train with Tdisc all day." Shortly there after a reply was sent by one of the other team members. It read:boys work is a means to an end...

Work = Money
Money = Good Triathlon Equipment
Good Triathlon Equipment = Good Results
Good Results = Prizes
Prizes = Better Results
Better Results = Endorsements
Endorsments = Professional Triathlete
Professional Triathlete = Priceless
Priceless = TDISC

We're on our way boys.
"Keep on Keepin on !" Joe Dirt


I felt good during my workout this morning...however I'm dissappointed that I let my food addiction get the best of me today. Tomorrow is the day I get it all together. Weights and swim is on the schedule for tommorow.

Till next time,
Tdiscpye

“I seem to you cruel and too much addicted to gluttony, when I beat my cook for sending up a bad dinner. If that seems to you too trifling a cause, pray tell for what cause you would have a cook flogged?”
Marcus Valerius Martialis

1 comment:

  1. Hey T-Disc, so glad tdiscpye is back and the blog is a regular thing again. Just wondering if there will be any pictures up soon?

    ReplyDelete