Sunday, March 29, 2009

Sunday after first race

I enjoyed my day yesterday but when I woke up today it was back to business as usual. Tdisc was on there own today....word has it the admiral went for an easy run to loosen up....Tdisckree took the day off but attended a fitness conference in moncton...he was learning more cutting edge training tips for tdisc...specifically in the pelvic area so he can help keep the admirals hernia in check during the season...and there is no word from the Captain. I went for a swim and a weights workout...it was really the first day where I was like "I think i'm becoming a triathlete". Tdisc has decided as of late to do a total swim of the race distance. Today I did 2000m. It felt great....like usual it was a struggle to get going but I continued to feel better as the swim went on. I'll admit I had a bit of the admiral in me today...about 1800m in I was preparing myself for a few cool down laps when I sensed the girl in the lane beside me kind of sizing me up for a race. So I pushed off for my cool down swim and during my first breath to the left I saw that we were neck and neck...the race was on. I upped my paced...I could feel myself cutting through the water with every stroke...at the 3/4 mark I had a full length on her...I was thinking to myself..."If I can pull off a perfect flip turn it'll deflate her"....sure enough bang smash I come off the wall quicker than I went in...first breath to the right she was no where's in sight....by the time I got to the wall and adjusted my goggles...pretending I wasn't racing and looked back she was doing the breast stroke at the halfway point....she had been T-disced.
Tommorow the team is back together...It will be nice to have the captain back. Tdiscgreggy took the weekend off to focus on hockey....congrats on the good run Tdiscgreggy. The schedule says we have a long swim in the morning. Should be good...I hope to get a statement from the admiral about his first race. Tuesday were back in racing mode with the ellediva 10k. Should be a great week. I hope i'm not sick this week....I had a sandwich at lunch that tasted great...then tdisckree just said "I think we should throw out this sandwich meat....It was packaged on mar.9". bahhhhhhhhh.

Till next time,
Tdiscpye

"It is a funny thing about life; if you refuse to accept anything but the best, you very often get it."

No comments:

Post a Comment