Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Tdiscgreggy does it again!

Yesterday was a very full day for me. I was up very early due to my sleep being all out of whack. Before leaving we went for a continental breakfast at the hotel. I actually had a really big feed. I had a lot of salami pieces, rolls, fruit, and I even went with some more sticky rice. After that we began our journey into tokyo. On the agenda was 2 meetings with major airlines and an awards ceremony and meal put on by a company called Oisix. The meetings were very interesting...there was a lot of bowing, a lot of business card exchanging, and a lot of cold grean tea. The first meeting there was a lot of english so It was really easy to follow...the second....by times was like..."hi hi hi....so so so.....mmmmmmmm....hi hi hi....so so so....mmmmmm." The people were extremely friendly. For lunch we had a hot dogs and coffee....the hot dogs had a really tough skin but were quite tasty. For supper we had noodles and pork in a bowl of hot water with sticky rice. It was really good....everyone slurpes there noodles....holy cow my lips got a scorching. Again cold green tea was served...this time I had to go with just regular water. The farmers awards was something else. It was like 300 japanese people and us. I'm sure everyone was wondering what in the world we were doing there. We also had a meal of just a bunch of foods that the company sells. They pulled Raymond up to speak at the end.....that was extremely funny....I was glued to the back.
Ok....on to race day.
Courtesy of the Tsn.ca webpage:
" ONE FOR THE AGES - Tdiscgreggy outlasts Admiral, Kree in epic battle."On a day that has too many times become a day of scandal, frustration, controversy, mind-games, and freak-outs...today fans and media witnessed a high quality running race. With Tdiscpye in Tokyo, Tdisctw joined the other three members for the traditional race day. With school being delayed an hour, and with a very relaxed atmospher pre-race many felt today would simply be a "walk in the park." Wow were they wrong ! It took all 44 and 3/4 laps (7 and 2/3 kilometers) for Tdiscgreggy to break free for the Win. Congrats goes out to Tdiscgreggy for the win, and many say it was his finest tactical race yet. Here is a lap breakdown of the race.

Lap 1 - Admiral leads out of the gate followed by tdistw,kree, greggy.
Lap 3 - Tdisctw goes to the front, Admiral falls in behind, kree and gregg still bring up the rear.
Lap 5 - Admiral mutters something under his breathe and over-takes tdisctw, kree and greggy stay back.
Lap 16 - Tdisctw fakes a breakaway on Admiral and starts to laugh and mock him, kree and greggy still behind chuckle.
Lap 22 - Tdisctw tries a real breakaway but is matched by Admiral step for step, (tdisctw is now visibly getting under the skin of Admiral and he mutters something under his breathe again."Lap 25 - Admiral admits that he "hates having to pace" and falls off the lead - Tdisckree goes to the front with tdisctw in behind, Greggy and Admiral in the back.
Lap 27-32 - Tdisctw is breathing very heavy...Admiral and Greggy ask if she's ok. she has her ipod in and can't hear them.
Lap 34 - Tdisckree opens up a lead of about 15 body lengths, Admiral and Greggy move past tdisctw and begin pursuit of tdiskree.
Lap 36 - Tdiscgreggy overtakes Tdisckree and quickens the pace..Admiral stays tight of Greggies right shoulder, and Tdisckree stays snug to Greggies left shoulder.
Lap 40 - Tdiscgreggy drops the hammer again but Kree stays of left shoulder and Admiral off right shoulder. ( If Greggy would have stopped we would've had a pile up we were so close together.)
Lap 44 - (The Bell Lap) Greggy quickens even more but Admiral and Kree hold their positions.
Lap 44 - 3/4 - Greggy comes out of final turn hot....drops Admiral and kree - Greggy holds on for win. Admiral moves past Kree, but Kree responds.....Admiral and Kree sprint to the finish and both declare that they got second. (As they cross the line tdisctw remarks " you guys are insane.")
Final Standings
1. Tdisgreggy
2. Tdiscadmiral - Tdisckree
3. Tdisctw

Courtesy of CaptainTdiscgreggy.com:
RACE DAY RECAP- Through the eyes of Captain Tdiscgreggy
I got home from hockey last night and proceeded to lay on the couchsince I am suffering from a head cold. It was not long before tdisct(w)said are you going to bed? Its race day! I said yes I am it is only10:15. I shortly after shut it down, but could not sleep till about 1am,in which I woke many times after. I am not sure if it was my cold, ornerves about race day.
I woke early and headed out to the TTF, in which since I was parkedbehind the admiral I was off first and arrived first. Tdisckree had atroubled look on his face when I was there before the admiral. Sinceschool was delayed we were in no rush to get to the track. It was veryenjoyable. Once we stopped tdisct(w) we started our slow warm up. Tdk said he reada book and it says slow warm up. But after 2km in race day was on.
Lap 12 pace picked up
Lap 14 tdisct(w) made a fake sprint ahead to spook the admiral (hedidn't bite)
Lap 14.5 admiral regained the lead
Lap 18 tdisct(w) again pulled a head of the admiral, and the admiralsaid "I don't think so" and pulled back in the lead
Lap 22 the pace continue to grow faster, and a comment from thecompetition said holy your pace is quick how much longer?
Lap 22.25 the admiral says don't $@%&ing worry about it
Lap 24 admiral said "I hate being the pace bunny, kree take over"
Lap 25 tdisckree was so honored he picked up the pace
Lap 30 tidisckree was a half length out in the lead, but didn't know
Lap 33 it was back to a tight pack with tdisckree still leadingLap
35 tdisct(w) dropped off, and tdiscgreggy took the leadLap
35.5 race was on, pace sped up to 6:02 mile (6:27 mile is 40 min10k)
Lap 40 all three were wondering who would kick, breathing got heavy
Lap 41 tdiscgreggy still leading with tdisckree right off his leftshoulder, and the admiral right off his right
Lap 42 tdisckree and tdiscgreggy were waiting for the admiral to makehis move
Lap 44 .T(w) waves her arm (indicating bell lap)
Lap 45 tdiscgreggy took off full sprint, tidisckree 3 seconds later didthe same with the admiral right with him
Lap 46 two of the big three almost passed out walking the cool down lap,while the admiral gave high fives for a great run

When asked about the race by reporters after....Tdisct(w) had this to say. It was quite the race day. Personally when I woke up this morning, I wanted to punch the clock and go back to sleep. After some encouragement from the roomies, I reluctantly packed my bag and skidded my way to UPEI on severely icy roads. I made it to the track before the tdisc group. I heard whispers they engaged in a team prayer at the TTF to get prepped for the race. Since I had a few laps in, they let me lead for one lap until the admiral's competitive edge took hold and he jumped out into the front. The group did a good warm up for about 2km until suddenly the pace quickened by approx 3 min/mile faster in one lap. I'm not sure what brought it on, but all of a sudden, a good jog turned into a battle. I was left to fend for myself and I really missed tdiscpye at that time. At one point, the admiral turned to me and said 'are you ok?' Since I was too tired to trip him, I dug deep and kept up for one more lap. Because I have to be at work earlier, I only did 4 miles instead of the groups 5. After I stopped, the pace continued to be physcotic and they finished with a full out sprint.

Ok i'm late for breakfast....had to hury the blog. Back in to tokyo today.

Blogging from Tokyo Japan,
Tdiscpye

"The only thing about running in the morning is that I hate everything about it." TGB

1 comment:

  1. First of all the quote by TGB is quite possilby the best one I've heard for 09 thus far. Second of all. I'm a huge fan and I was always an admiral supporter and felt he'd be the front runner for Freddy Beach, but Greggy has been ridiculously strong lately and I've noticed a little something extra in his swager these days. As long as he doesn't peak too early I think he is the biggest threat.
    Sincerely,
    Dave Eli MacEchern, 1 time Olympic Gold Medalist (shared).

    ReplyDelete