Monday, March 16, 2009

Big week ahead

Today I woke up early...around 4am this morning. However I was able to stay in bed till 6. I felt great going to the TTF. Again I felt terrible during my workout but I battled my way through it. Todays workout was summed up on Tsn.ca.

"Tdisc sputters into Monday"
Once again Tdisc worked out with a reduced team on hand. Tdisckree and Tdiscpye arrived early on Monday morning at TTF. Believe it or not they both arrived prior to 640 which was surprising considering there was no pressure of getting their on time (The Admiral is away this week.) Tdiscgreggy was absent at TTF this morning. Tdiscpye was quick to come to the rescue of his captain and told media "Greggy had a late night coaching in Tignish on sunday night and I told him to use his best interest in the morning." Media members however, were looking to stir up doubt within the Tdisc camp. One reporter questioned " Do you think Greggy can do it without the Admiral breathing down his neck ?" Another said " There's no way Tdiscgreggy can wake without the smell of burnt english muffins." Tdisckree and Tdiscpye didn't entertain such comments and went about their workout completing a tough 30 minutes on the stationary trainers before completing a 30 minute pool workout. Things were quiet around the pool today.Tommorrow will be a scaled down version of raceday. Tdiscpye is still slowly getting back into running form and the pace will not be the same without the Admiral in the mix. Tdiscgreggy has not made any statements and the Admiral cannot be reached. He doesn't own a cell phone.

James Duthie. - TSN

The Following was submitted by Captain Tdiscgreggy:
Recap of Saturdays race,

8:15am – Wake up
8:30am - decide to race
8:50am - sign up for the race
8:55am – check out the other 47 competitors
9:00am - race starts and nervous as to find pace
9:05am – feels weird without T.Disc running with me
9:08am – crowd has spread out trying to find a pace setter
9:12am – staying with a solid pace, but not sure what km I am on
9:17am – remember why I hate races, and wonder why I do this to myself
9:18am – get a cramp, but can’t slow down
9:19am – wanting to turn it on for the finish, but can’t with the cramp
9:20am – turn it on as much as I can to get in under 21mins
9:20.48 cross the finish
9:21am – hoping I did not let T.Disc down
9:25am – 10:00am answering questions on where the rest of T.Disc is
9:34am – was told by blog follower to get t.discpye he was running in the wrong race ( he was on the track)


Tommorow is the now famous Tuesday Race Day. All indications are that it won't be as fast as usual without the admiral. With the temperature beginning to rise, tommorow could be the last indoor race day of '09. Buckle up!

Till next time,
Tdiscpye

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."
-mario Andretti

No comments:

Post a Comment